confusing. 24

Alexia's Perspective

The slip back into consciousness was slow, but the feeling of Luke's skin beneath my fingertips hit me hard and all at once. My eyes popped open, and his body was lit up by a soft glow being let in from the window. He was wearing a tee shirt but it had ridden up almost completely, leaving his stomach and chest practically bare. My hand was planted right in the middle of his stomach. Soft beneath my fingertips, comfortable too.

More comfortable than he should feel to me. My mind's too hazy in it's freshly awake state to dwell on it, and for that I'm grateful. My gaze shifts to the digital clock displayed above the doorway and I see that it's 6:49. The sun must be rising, which is what is casting the golden glow on his skin. Although the more time I spend with him, the more I realize he doesn't need any light to appear golden. He simply is.

Things are getting confusing with Luke which is exactly what I didn't want. I'm here wrapped up in his arms, I can feel his fingertips digging securely into my hip while he is very clearly sleeping. And I like it. It's not sexual, and I can't write the feeling of comfort off as some sort of lust because I'm simply happy here. In Luke's arms, I'm happy. But I also know that if Luke were to wake up right now, he'd probably make some kind of jab at me for being clingy, or how I had to go ahead and fall asleep in his bed last night and I'd have to laugh it off and poke fun right back at him. My actions would be the opposite of everything I'm feeling right now. Hence the confusion.

But since he's not awake, I relax in his grip. I tilt my head slightly where it lays against his shoulder and I look at him. I feel slightly creepy, but the soft slope of his nose and the way his lips are dry from the night are too intriguing to deter my attention. I'd never realized how truly beautiful Luke's features were. But I also had never paid too much attention, or looked at them from this close. He has scattered freckles, so light you can barely see them unless you are this close. I'd never noticed how ethereal Luke Hemmings was before, I'd actually been pretty set on noticing all the annoying things about Luke through the duration of our friendship. But right now, his skin glowing and warm beneath me, Luke does not feel annoying in the slightest.

The only annoying thing about him is how he is not annoying. This would be a lot easier if he just pissed me off some, and our relationship was a little more like how it used to be. But while my eyes focus on his open-mouthed, tiny snores, I don't want to go back to a relationship where I don't see Luke like this. It's what is so terrifying. Luke has always made it abundantly clear that this is explicitly sex to him. He isn't one for relationships, and he hasn't been for a long time. Whatever I have with Luke is gonna end soon, and I don't want to end up with a broken heart. So whatever weird feelings I have bubbling up recently for Luke have to be pushed aside.

Literally. I push Luke lightly in his sleep, knowing he is a heavy enough sleeper that it won't wake him. His arm falls off of my waist and I make my way off of his bed. I hesitate before leaving to think about changing into my clothes scattered across Luke's bathroom floor. I settle on grabbing them in a messy pile in my arms and staying in Luke's clothes. I'm not going to run into anyone in Luke's boxers and tee shirt this early in the morning. Plus they're comfy, and I don't mind a few extra hours in the articles.

Heading back to my room is a blur as all I do is change my tampon before falling into the bed and falling back asleep.

-

[From:Lucas Pucas] 10:56am

you left your candy in my room

[From:Lex Luthor] 10:56am

10:56, luke

don't u think that 4 minutes

is cutting it a bit close

to your 11am check out

I peer up from my phone, trying to mask the smile that tries to spread across my face while poking fun at Luke. I had gotten a couple hours of sleep in my own hotel room when Ashton came pounding on my door reminding me that we have a flight to catch our show in San Francisco tonight. Luckily he didn't stick around long and I was able to hide under the covers in Luke's clothes. It was a close one. As I look around the lobby where Ashton, Michael, Calum and I sit waiting for Luke, it is clear that he didn't get the same wake up call.

[From:Lucas Pucas] 10:58am

maybe i would have woken

up if someone hadn't

left me in my room alone

[From:Lex Luther] 10:59am

and you would have wanted

said someone to be there

when you woke up?

At this point, Luke's in the lobby. I can see him standing way over on the other side of the room waiting in line to check out. And despite him being far from my reach, we maintain eye contact as the text comes through my phone and leaves me breathless. It's as if his hands are holding my own, pulling me in close to him through nothing but eye contact.

[From:Lucas Pucas] 11:00am

yes

I stare at it for a minute. I don't know what I'm supposed to say back. Leaving this morning, I was sure it was what Luke would have wanted. Now, I think Luke and I might not be on completely separate pages like I thought. Maybe he's just as confused as me. But just as fast, the thought comes crashing down as my eyes scan the follow up text he sent.

[From:Lucas Pucas] 11:00am

LOL, lighten up lex

im kidding

u should see your face rn

maybe i slept in all

morning cause i needed

some decent sleep after

u hogged all the blankets

My hands are thrown down from his own where they had felt safely engulfed as I break my eye contact with him. I rolled my eyes, shoving my phone in the front pocket of my airport carry on bag. That's enough of that conversation. When I look up at Luke again I'm almost sure I see a hint of remorse etched across his features. I can't be sure because he's too far away. I lift my hand up to itch my forehead, casually making sure I flash Luke my middle finger in the process. And this time I am sure that he sees me from the smirk that quickly etches itself across his face. I don't give him too much attention though before inserting myself into the conversation with Michael and Calum (Ashton has his headphones in and is resting his eyes till we leave) before they notice anything suspicious with Luke and I.

Old habits die hard, and Luke and I are proof of that. As much as my feelings for him are confused right now, it takes only a moment for me to slip back into my 'Luke infuriates me' mode. Him too, apparently. Because there's not a hint of the sweet Luke I've let myself grow accustomed to as he comes and joins us all on the couch, opening every single Reese's Peanut Butter Treat offering everyone some except for me until it's all gone.

-

This is probably the shortest chapter yet, and for that I am sorry but I needed to introduce this mini trope:')

Which, by the way, I promise the miscommunication trope won't last long in this story!!! But I need to throw it in there for character development IM SORRY

Miscommunication is the woooorst and we do not want the worst for luxia no we dont

Things changed real quick from the beginning to end of this chap

Anywho i cant believe its been three weeks since i've updated?!?! Sorry school is kicking my ass i love anyone who is sticking around :D

Also!! Its been three weeks and im still in the top ten of the lukehemmings tag??? I feel so blessed thank u so much for reading, u make me so happy

Hope u are all doing well and happy