fifteen minutes. 27

Alexia's Perspective

"So I heard things went well at the studio with Luke," Calum mentioned, his voice slightly muffled through the curtain of the tour bus. Ashton, Michael, and Luke left a few minutes ago to find somewhere to eat for breakfast while Calum and I opted to hang back and hangout together. We haven't got much one-on-one time lately, so a moment to catch up would be nice for both of us.

"It was good," I mentioned. I didn't know how much I could say without getting lost in myself, Luke was amazing. He was there for me when I needed him to be, and fuck he's just magic at his job. We got through three of my songs throughout the day and even got halfway through writing a brand new one. Something about Luke is pure inspiration to me. As much as I wanna express my gratitude for Luke, I have to stick to minimal words or Calum will see right through me. He has an affinity for knowing exactly what I wanna say before I even say it.

"Just good?" Calum clarified, peeking his head out behind the curtain giving me a knowing stare.

"Just good," I mumbled, my face straightening to disguise the fact that it was everything beyond good. "We got a lot done."

"I see," Calum hummed, pushing the curtain back out of the way now that he was changed before he came and plopped down on the couch beside me.

"Speaking of the studio," I changed the conversation, "I owe you an apology, Ash too. I was so unappreciative yesterday and I just, I'm sorry for being a bitch."

"Alex," Cal hummed, "It's all good. You were having a bad day, we've all been there." It got silent for a moment, but with Calum that never lasted too long. "Do you wanna talk about it? Why you were so pissy yesterday?"

"No, I actually don't, Cal. I feel happy today so let's leave it at that." He looked content in my answer before he jumped into talking about a movie he watched yesterday with Ashton and Michael. He had a huge grin on his face and he was going on and on about the main girl in it, and how attractive she was. I just let him go on for a while about it, his boyish grin and endless chuckles would set the tone for my day perfectly.

♡♡♡

"Alexia, we're going on a run," Luke called to me as I sat in my bunk reading. They must all be going if Luke was informing me which I was honestly a little stoked about, it'd been too long since I had some alone time. With everything on the album written, and only a couple more songs needing to be recorded I could truly catch up on some me-time. They'd only gotten back from breakfast about twenty minutes ago, I bet he was going to get a cramp. I was too enthralled by the story on the page to express my concern for the boy so instead I called,

"Okay, have fun."

My bunk curtain was pulled open a minute later. It was Luke. I looked at him with annoyance, glancing back to my book to let him know that he was in fact interrupting me. "I heard you, Luke. I said to have fun, be safe too."

"Lex," he laughed, using his pointer finger to gesture between the two of us he said, "we're going for a run. Remember, I'm adding some routine to your life. Your book will be here later, put these on." It was a sports bra and bike shorts that he threw at me, and I knew I was fucked because there wasn't even an ounce of frustration at Luke for going through my stuff and I was almost a little excited knowing that I was spending more time with Luke.

I didn't even protest. I got up and made my way towards the bathroom with no complaints. Fuck, what was Luke doing to me. It looked like Calum was coming too from the way he was lacing up his running shoes.

Calum was indeed coming, and the first thing he had said when I stepped off the bus was, "No. There's no way. Luke, you did not manage to get Alex on a run with no complaints, she's been replaced." I narrowed my eyes on him, and he shot me the middle finger with an invested look.