Chapter 25

I looked up to a train passing by. We were all in the underground tunnels. I knew they were a thing but never ventured down here, not that I could anyway.

"My brother knows these tunnels really well." Castor stated while climbing down the ladder. "He worked sanitation down here. Right after they made him an Avox."

Pollux turned around and started walking towards the beginning of the tunnels. We all slowly walked behind him.

"Hey. Hey." Castor walked up next to him. "You gonna be okay? Look at me. Look at me." Pollux finally turned towards him. "We're gonna get through this. I promise."

"What a baby." Marshall commented.

I sent a glare towards him. But since he was behind Gale, Gale saw this and turned around to see no one and turned back to me, raising an eyebrow. I shrugged and smiled sweetly causing him to smile and kiss my cheek, making my cheeks flare up in a blush.

Pollux started walking.

"Took us five years to buy his way out of here. He didn't see the sun once." Castor said to Katniss who was beside him.
***
After lots of walking and cramps from my leg, we ended up in this area where it splits off into two, Katniss leading the group with the Holo. We then heard an engine coming from the right. We all ran and hid against the wall to where the peacekeepers on the train couldn't see us.

Gale stood in front of me, protecting me with his body, making my face heat up. After the train passed, Pollux walked over to Katniss.

"We're too exposed here." Katniss shook her head.

Pollux motioned for her and us to follow him. We ran across the tracks. One we were across, there was a grey metal door we all went through. After that, Pollux lead us through more hallways and down another ladder.

Katniss took out the holo again and pointed it in front of us. "Looks clear."

An unsettling feeling settled deep inside me. And I always hated the way the feeling was somehow accurate.

"I feel it too, you know." Dele whispered from beside me. "I felt it before you punctured me with a knife. But this one, this is towards you and your...friends."

I looked towards her to see Marshall pulling Dele into his side, Hero not far behind with a solemn look on his face. Then a light push from behind me made me jump, making me turn my head to see Gale. We started down the dark area, my eyes constantly searching for something that's not there.

"Something doesn't feel right." I murmur to Gale.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. Just something isn't right."
***
After many more twists and turns, we ended up in a dark, cramped hallway. Suddenly, a blast of air came from the pipes above us, making me jump and crouch down, covering my ears. That didn't help my already racing heartbeat.

"Everybody okay?" Jackson asked once it was over.

"Peachy." I whispered.

"Yeah." Katniss called back.

We continued down the path, the feeling growing even more. Then someone bumped into my shoulder.

"You good?" Finnick whispered.

I nodded. "I think so. But you remember the myths of the Loch Ness Monster, right? Cause like, you don't think they have one of those running around, right?"

Finnick rolled his eyes. "I'm pretty sure that's bigger than this place."

"Right. What about baby Loch Ness Monsters? Or snapping turtles?" I shuddered at the thought.

All Finnick did was roll his eyes and chuckle.

Soon enough we were chest deep into water.

Finnick leaned over. "Okay, maybe you're suspicions could come true."

"Not helping." I whispered harshly.

After walking in water, which isn't fun as some would think, the water soon leveled out. We were now ankle deep which wasn't so bad.

Jackson spoke up. "All right, everybody, we're gonna stop here for a bit and get some rest, yeah?"

We all went up some stairs to a platform with no water to be walked in. Yay.

"I'll take first watch." Jackson volunteered.

I nodded and went to sit down. One I was finally sitting, I let a long breath out.

"If I were you, I would just make a run for it." Marshall stated across from me.

"Yeah? Well, I'm not you. Plus, without the holo, I'm as good as dead."

I looked over to see everyone looking at me. I shrugged and leaned my head back against the railing, closing my eyes just for a little. Heavy footsteps, which I recognized as Gale, walked over to me. He sat down, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I leaned into him, welcoming the warmth.

"Do you still have that feeling?" He asked.

"Yeah," I whispered. "And it keeps getting stronger the deeper we go."
————————————————————
This one is more of a filler, next chapter should be...exciting.

K, hope you all have a good day!!!