Chapter 19

Over the past few days, Katniss and I have been getting along. Gale and I seem to be getting closer. But every time I'm around him, something just causes butterflies to abrupt in my stomach. I've seen Finnick in the halls every once in awhile but I usually kept my head down. Annie stops by my room every day. It's nice.

I'm finally allowed to eat in the cafeteria with everyone but I choose to eat alone. Sometimes Annie or Triton sit with me, but not all the time.

Katniss' mother said that my bruised ribs are almost healed, they pretty much are. My leg on the other hand, it caused me to have a slight limp every once in awhile. I'm used to it by now though.

My hallucinations come and go but not as much as they were in the Capitol. Speaking of which, it haunts me every night resulting me waking up in a cold sweat.
***
"Your going where?"

"District 2." Gale answered for the hundredth time.

"And your going there to help get control over the Capitol."

"Correct."

"So," I looked up at his grey eyes. "It's a death wish."

Gale sighed as he placed his hands on my shoulders. "No. I'll come back. Safely with no scratches. I promise."

"To 2?" I asked again.

Gale groaned and kissed the top of my head. He's been doing that a lot. It's either the back of my hand, my forehead, my cheek or the top of my head. But I'm not complaining. It's sweet.

Gale soon left with Katniss, Boggs and the others.

3rd Pov

Katniss was sitting on her bed when Gale sat next to her.

"I saw Peeta." Gale said quietly. "Before we left."

Katniss looked up at him. "What did you think?"

"Something selfish." He responded.

Katniss looked back at the ground. "You don't have to be jealous of him anymore."

Gale shook his head. "I'm not jealous. Even if I was I don't stand a chance if he does get better. And you'll never let him go."

Katniss furrowed her eyebrows. "Ceto?"

Gale just nodded.

Then Katniss leaned in and kissed him. He turned his head to help her reach better but didn't kiss back. A goodbye kiss.

Ceto's Pov

Johanna invited me to come with her to see Katniss. Only she came back. Apparently, Katniss got shot. Though, I didn't really want to witness her talk with KitKat, so I denied.

So, instead I went on a walk. I was feeling brave so went to go see Finnick. I knocked on his door.

"Come in." I heard him say.

I opened the door and walked in. He was laying on the bed and when he saw it was me, he sat up. A feeling of fear came across me but not as horrible as the first time. I went and sat next to him.

"Hi."

"Ceto. Look, I'm really sor-" I cut him off by hugging him.

Right away he hugged me back. We just sat there like that.

"I'm getting married." He finally said.

"I'm not surprised. You and Annie deserve the world." I smiled.

He just hugged me tighter after that.