Chapter 2

The day after we boarded the train, we arrived at the Capitol. When we boarded the train, I went straight into my room and never came out. I didn't come out for dinner when Creme came and got me and not even for breakfast. I got dressed in a knee-length blue dress that Creme had set out when I was in the bathroom taking a shower. It didn't have ruffles or anything like that. It was just a regular blue dress.

When I exited my room and made a beeline to the train's doors where I saw Finnick waiting.

"Thought you weren't gonna show." He said with his signature smirk.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." I rolled my eyes.

Right before the doors open, I put on my "Capitol" smile and walked out with Finnick. We stopped for pictures (more like a dramatic effect) and then soon went into the building where all trouble really is.

Zeus, Clio, and Vesto, Alexei's assistants, led me to a room that had District 4 on the door. Before I could blink they put me in a chair and began to do my hair, nails, and makeup.

"Your hair is still gorgeous!" Vesta said.

After about 4 hours of sitting in a chair, I was finally done and ready to be put into something that will most likely blow my mind away. My hair was done with a mermaid braid with a beautiful seashell crown.

My eyes reminded me of the ocean when I was little with my parents while my lips and the rest of my face just natural colors. My nails were white with a gold outline that looked absolutely stunning.

When Alexei finally arrive he wasted no time to get me into the outfit he made for me. The top half made me look as f I was a mermaid. The bottom half was just an off white long skirt that had a slit from the bottom up. Once I had the skirt on, Alexei put a fishnet belt-like thing with seaweed and shells over the skirt.

"You look like an absolute goddess in that!" Zeus complemented.

I smiled and put on the shoes. They were lace-up brown sandals that kind of looked like nets.

"She lived up to her name!" Clio squealed.*

"Alright, it's time to go," Alexei said, leading me out the door.

I went straight into the elevator with Alexei and went down below to the training center. When the door opened, I went to District 4's carriage. The horses were Andalusian with wavy manes. They had fishnets and seashells all over them to represent our District.

"Well, well. If it isn't the goddess herself," I turned my head to see Gloss standing there, Cashmere close behind.

I nodded. "Hello, Gloss, Cashmere."

"Love your hair." Cashmere said, stepping next to her brother.

"Thank you," I rolled my eyes. "But we both know you didn't come here to compliment me."

Gloss smirked. "Smart as always."

"Cut to the chase, would ya?"

"We want to be allied with you. Just you though. No Finnick." Cashmere piped up.

"I don't do allies. I'm not even allied with Finnick." I turned back to the horses.

"None of us are gonna survive without allies," Gloss put a hand on my shoulder and turned me to face them. "We could win together."

"One victor, remember?" I faked smiled.

Cashmere just looked like she was about to blow. I think Gloss noticed as well because he took her hand and pushed her behind him a little.

I looked over and saw Finnick flirting with Katniss.

"If you would excuse me, I have to save somebody from my district partner." I walked towards the two.

"Finnick, you are aware that she is a taken woman, right?" I asked.

Finnick just chuckled.

"I'm sorry about him. He has this superpower that makes women want to punch him in the face."

Katniss cracked a smile.

"Ceto Sommers."

"Katniss Everdeen."

"We better get going," Finnick said to me.

"Nice meeting you, Katniss." I turned to be met with Peeta. "Hello, Peeta. You guys are gonna make the Capitolites go crazy."

"That's the plan," He smiled.

I winked and walked away to the carriage, Finnick not far behind.

I stepped into the carriage with ease and so did Finnick.

"Smile and wave," I told myself before we started to go.

Right before we exited the tunnel-like thing, Finnick and I put on our smiles (well, smirk for him) and started to wave. The crowd screamed Finnick's name. When I looked up to see us back, I only saw Katniss and Peeta on fire. I smirked at that. We passed President Snow and he gave me a nod, I just sent a tiny glare and looked away quickly.

Finnick reached down and squeezed my hand. I looked over and smiled.

After Snow gave his "little speech", we headed back to where we started. I smiled and blew the people a kiss. When we got back into the tunnel, I got out of the carriage and was praised by Creme and Zeus and Coco's - Finnick's dresser - crew. I started walking and spotted Johanna. I ran up to her and gave her a big hug. She froze up a second before realizing who I was.

"Hi to you too." She said.

Johanna and I got close after my games. Even though she wasn't in the same District as me, she helped me through the nightmares and hallucinations. I still have them but not as bad as they were when I first came out of the games.
Johanna let go and looked behind me.

I turned around and saw Finnick and Hamitch turn into a dark corner. I shrugged it off not thinking much of it. I turned back to Johanna.

"I missed you, Jo."

She gave me a playful glare. "Just because your 17 doesn't mean I won't hunt you down."

"You wouldn't dare," she gave me a serious look. "Okay, yeah, well, I'm gonna go." I slowly walk backwards and scurried off into the elevators.

But this unsettling feeling creeped over me. And I know something is going to happen. Something bad.
————————————————————
Authors Note
* Ceto is a Greek Goddess. She is the goddess of the deep sea and sea creatures.

Also, I do not own any of the pictures at the top. I created the collage.

Hope you are enjoying this story!

-Toothless62