Chapter 13

Please read!

Now for the next few chapters, it might be triggering for some readers. I'm not going into full detail at all but I just wanted to put this out there just in case.

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
————————————————————
"And here, to shed a little light in the subject, two very special guests, please welcome, Mr. Peeta Mellark and Ms. Ceto Sommers."

*Days Earlier*

"Good evening, Ms. Sommers." Snow says.

"What happened?" I asked, but my throat was sore so it was more of a croak.

"Please, have some water," he points to a glass next to me. I reluctantly took it and took a small sip, instant relief. "Now, with that little trick Katniss did in the arena, Finnick, her, and Beetee have all escaped to district 13. And I'm afraid they left you behind. As well as Peeta and Johanna, accompanied by Annie and Mags."

When I hear the last two names, I charge at him. Unfortunately, I got pulled back by his two guards. He didn't even flinch.

"You monster! They had nothing to do with this! Nothing!" I cry out.

The guards pushed me down, not gently, while Snow continues. "So you have known about the plan of District 13."

"What? No. There was no plan. District 13 is rubble. You blew it up, after they rebelled, remember. Or has your head finally caught up with your age?" I knew I shouldn't have said that, but it just came out.

A peacekeeper stepped up and slapped me across the face. I could taste the metallic taste of my blood. I looked back up at the peacekeeper, I spit the blood on his helmet. They were about to come at me but President Snow stopped them.

"Not yet," Snow said to them. "I am aware that 13 is no longer standing, but I am afraid they have a secret authorization working there, planning on rebelling against us."

I laugh. "You are aware that they are the District that made all your nifty guns, right?"

Snow smiled. "Yes. Now why don't we start. What is District 13 planning?"

And that's how it started. I was sent into a room with a metal table. I screamed and kicked but to my dismay, it did very little. They held me down to the table and strapped me down, cuffing my ankles and wrists. That's when I noticed another table a few feet from the one I'm on.

Minutes later, Peeta came in, kicking and yelling just like I did. They tied him down like me and then Snow walked in.

"Sir, the venom is ready." A girl in a lab coat said.

"Good. Start the process." He said with a wicked smile.

I male with yellow-orange hair came over to me, holding a syringe of weird liquid.

"What's that? What's that?!" I squirmed.

Peacekeepers had to come over and hold me still for the male to inject me. He entered syringe's needle in my arm. Pain shot all over my body and I let out a painful scream.

My mind has become fuzzy and darkness soon overtook me. The last thing I heard was, "Stage one of Tracker Jacker venom, complete."
                                       ***
I shot up due to cold water splashed on me. I looked around the room I'm in and see that it's made of some sort of force field. Probably the same they use in the games. Across from me is a crying Annie with Mags trying to calm her. Johanna is in the cell to the right of Annie's. I look to my left to see Peeta with his head in between his knees.