Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Alexei and I both walk up to the hover craft. Today is the day we all go into the games. The day that fate will decide if we live or die.

Once we get on and sit down in the cold metal seats, a man comes up to me.

"Arm." I extend my arm out towards him, him putting the needle that holds my tracker into my arm.

After the flight, we got off and Alexei led me to a room. Without saying a word, I sat down and let him braid my hair.

"I want you to fight. And protect yourself." Alexei started. "Your strong."

I smiled slightly, "Didn't we already have this conversation about two years ago."

"I suppose we did."

After he finished braiding my hair straight down my back, he helped me into the uniform.

"A wet suit?" I questioned.

"Expect heat and water." Was all he said.

Then he put in the sea glass bracelet on my wrist. But instead of the leather string, it was a gold chain. I gave him a questioning glance.

He understood what I was getting at. "You'll understand soon. And once you do, don't hate me."

"50 seconds to launch."

When I herd that, I took a deep breath, my hands shaking.

Alexei pulled me into a tight hug. "Follow your heart. Do what's right."

I nodded.

"10 seconds to launch."

At that, Alexei pushed me lightly into the cylinder. He stepped back and gave my a small nod.

Then I started ascending upward. "Tell Triton I love him!"

When I reached the top, the sun was beating down on me. I squinted my eyes and looked around. Surrounding me was water with what looks like a jungle surrounding that.

Then something to my left caught my eye. Around Finnick's wrist was a gold bracelet. Then straight ahead of me, I saw Peeta with something gold peeking under his suit. Then it all pieces together. Katniss has a gold Mockingjay pin. I sent a glare at Finnick but it looked like he was trying not to look at me.

"May the 75th Hunger Games begin. May the odds be ever in your favor."

As soon as the 10 second countdown started, I crouched down, waiting for the gong to start the games.

Boom!

I dove into the water, thanking my District for making us learn how to swim. I was the first to get up on the rocky side, trying my best to run as fast as I can without slipping to the Cornucopia. With many close calls, I finally made it.

I grabbed a holster of knives, them being a variety. I quickly buckled it to my thigh and grabbed a spear. It was lighter than the ones I'm used to but should be easier to throw. I strapped it onto my back.

Then I heard Finnick's voice. "Good thing we're allies, right?"

I turned to see Katniss pull back an arrow on Finnick. Suddenly I felt a cold surface against my throat and an arm keeping me against someone's chest. Out of instinct, I flipped the person over my shoulder to see District 5's male tribute. Without hesitation, I pulled a knife from the holster and stabbed his heart. I took the knife and looked back up. Finnick and Katniss went to get Peeta.

At this point I didn't know what to do. Do I run? Do I go to them? But soon enough, Brutus and Cashmere got to the Cornucopia.

'Well,' I thought. 'I guess that solves that.'

Brutus grabbed the other spear and started towards me. I turned around and ran the opposite direction onto a wedge. I dove back into the water, Brutus behind me. Once I made it to the sand, I turned around to see Finnick looking in my direction.

I turned and hightailed it into the jungle. With many twist and turns, I think I out ran Brutus. Still out of precaution, I hid behind a tree to catch my breath.

"I really should've got into shape for this." I said quietly, knowing that Brutus could be near and that the Capitol would get a good laugh.

After a minute with no sign of Brutus, I started to walk deeper into the jungle. Every once in a while, I turned back to make sure nobody was following me.

"Are you gonna take out 2 like you did us?" I turned my head to the right seeing Dele walking with me.

"Get out of my head." I growled.

"We want to know." Marshall said to my left.

I sighed, knowing that my hallucinations would still stay, especially with no water. "I will if I have to."

At that I ignored them for the rest of that day. When it was about early evening, sunset, I took a break. I sat down against a tree and closed my eyes, using my hearing to sense if anyone was around.

It was peaceful until I heard a snap. My eyes shot open and my head snapped up.

Looking right at me were three pairs of red eyes.