Chapter 17

Guys, I love you all so much! 2,000...wow! Thank you so much!
————————————————————

I wake up to the sound of voices and beeping. I can feel someone holding my hand in their large hands.

"She doesn't have anything major. She has bruised ribs and from the looks of it, Tracker Jacker venom in her system." A female voice said that I presume was the doctor.

"What? Like Peeta?" The voice from beside me says, it's sounded like Gale.

"No, not high jacked like Peeta. I'll have to run some more test though."

I open my eyes and see Hamitch, Plutarch, and Triton standing across from me. Gale is beside me holding my hand.

"W-what's going on? Where am I?" I say in a raspy and shaky voice.

"Shh, shh, your safe. Your in District 13." Gale calms me.

"Prim!" Hamitch calls.

A girl with blonde hair in braids walks in. In her hand is a small syringe. She walks to the other side across from Gale on my right. I move away from Prim when she tries to reach for my arm.

"Please, no." I whisper.

She looks at me then at Gale. Gale holds my shoulders down while Prim takes my arm.

"Please..." a tear falls down my face.

Prim injects the fluid and I instantly become sleepy. I close my eyes and drift off into the black abyss of my mind.
                                      ***
I slowly open my eyes but quickly close them because of the light. I open them again and once I get used to the light, I notice I'm in the same room as before. But alone.

My head started to throb but I tried to ignore it best I could. My leg hurt also but not as bad as my head. My ribs ached and my forearms are sore. I look at my arms and see things poking out of me. But then I notice a strap going across my abdomen. I couldn't move.

Then the door open. Walked in was Triton. His sandy hair grew and was now to his shoulders. His light green eyes had dark circles under his eyes. He hasn't been sleeping lately.

When he met my gaze, so many emotions ran through his eyes. Soon enough he ran to me and hugged me, still being mindful of my injuries.

"Hey, Triton." I whisper, my throat sore.

"Hey there, Seaweed." He stood back and pulled up a chair.

"What, uh, what exactly happened?" I ask.

"When Katniss fried the arena, the Capitol took you, Peeta, and Johanna. The-they tortured you, Ceto." His eyes started getting glossy. "They, uhm, they put tracker jacket venom in your body, but it wasn't the same as Peeta. Peeta's was making him believe things that weren't true. But, for you...well, they were going to fry your brain. And they didn't treat your leg properly. A infection started but good thing the doctors caught so they were able to patch you up."

"The...strap, thingy."

"Oh, yeah. That's just a precaution. Peeta went all savage mode on Katniss. 'Bout killed her."

I was speechless. That wasn't Peeta. He cared to much for her to even think of hurting her.

"Well," Triton got up. "I was heading to lunch when I came in here. Finnick and Gale were gonna come soon though."

"Oh, ok. Have a...good lunch then." I smile weakly as I watch him walk out.

I look back down at the strap and try to rip it off but that just causes pain. I lean back down and close my eyes, flashes of what happened in the Capitol washed over. I looked up when I hear the door open. Bronze hair enters followed by chocolate brown hair.

"Ceto." Finnick whispers.

Something in my mind clicks. Fear instantly takes over. I try to move back but that only causes more pain in my leg and ribs from the strap. I claw at the strap, keeping my eyes on Finnick as regret and fear crosses his eyes.

Gale crosses the floor to me and places a hand on my cheek while the other goes to my hands to stop their movements.

"It's ok. He's not going to hurt you." He says reassuringly.

I shake my head, my throat constricting from any noise coming out. I keep my gaze on Finnick.

"No. I-I don't want him here." I finally say.

Sadness etches it's way to Finnick's face as he nods and slowly walks out. He closes the door behind him. I lean my head back as tears start to flow out. I feel arms lightly wrap around me. I tense but start to relax in the hold.

"Shh. It's normal. Let it out." Gale whispers.

At that, that dam bursts and the waterworks start.