6. Future Alpha

EDITED

Chase Travis

I am the future Alpha of the Moonrise pack but that can only happen when I find my mate. Wise words from my father, he believed that an Alpha is strongest with his mate but I couldn't help but disagree with reason of course. They are a weakness. Simple as that.

Wolves were crafted to kill and protect as it is instinct. We were made to fight wars for the moon goddess as she had many enemies but she didn't want her creation to be all that heartless and gifted us with mates and of course there is also the reason of breeding but that is a story for another time.

Mates are a gift that is why it is greatly frowned upon when you reject your mate but those who do don't make it for more then a week as they either die of the pain or kill themselves before the pain does.

That's why I am quite content with being mateless. It also means I can bed as many girls as I desire.

We have recently moved into this town even though the town was owned by my grandfather.

That is why it is named Moonlight falls, he named it after his mates pack even though the myths state otherwise, that's another reason why we are a very large pack, it is because my grandfather and his mate joined packs. 

Most of the pack does live in this town but me and my family just recently moved here because my dad's job besides being an alpha required for him to travel alot so we moved quite alot but my dad decided that he had to run his pack and not leave his beta in charge for so long so we moved here and my dad took his business here permanently this time. We moved into my grandfathers mansion also know as the pack house. It was most deffinatly not our first time in this town but it sure has been a while.

Today was Adelines first day at her new school and to say she was excited would be an understatement, I couldn't go today though because I had to accompany my dad to a neighbouring pack meeting to avoid any problems that might lead to a war, as much we are the strongest pack known we don't want to start unnecessary wars.

"Eeeek!! I can't wait to go to school, I'm gonna make new friends, I hope it isnt as dramtic as my old school". She squeals. Goddess.. girls are so loud.

"Have a great day dear and make sure to be careful not to let anyone know about you being a werewolf". My mom said looking worried.

"Mom I'm sure Adeline knows that by now, we have been living amongst humans for quite a long time and they think we are some fantasy." I said rolling my eyes at my mom. She can be too much sometimes.

After the meeting, we went back home and the rest of the day was a blur.