13. Expiring Date

EDITED

Chase Travis

What happened to her? Why does she look so broken? Why does she want to live with us?

Those were the questions that were bugging me and my wolf, if anyone was hurting my mate I needed to find that bastard. They don't get to touch whats was mine.

Adeline took Gem to our home and i followed closely behind. A small part of me was happy that my mate was going to live with me but that is probably the mate bond.

I don't want mate.

At this point I don't even know if I'm trying to convincing myself about the truth that statement withheld.

My wolf growled at me in disappointment, making me slightly dizzy. Damn wolf!

I was planning on telling my parents about Gem today and I also needed to tell Gem about my kind but not now at least.

I had so much on my plate and to top it all off my dad recently informed me about the two humans who died. He said they were killed by werewolves, rogues to be precise and another creature that we couldn't identify.

We needed to find out what the  creature could be immediately   because we could be dealing with something big. Deadly even.

The only reason my dad knew of this information was because we have pack members in the police force and in hospitals too, so if there was ever an unusual case they would report to us immediately.

I took out my phone from my pocket to call my dad so I can tell him about Gem being my mate and get it over with. I had to do this sooner rather then later because I couldn't shake of the feeling that something big was going to occur and i won't have time to tell my parents plus this would also help to provide better protection for my mate in case my intuition was right.

"Hey dad are you home." I asked after he picked up after the third ring.

"No I'm at work. Is there something wrong, you never call at this time of day" He asked.

"I need to talk to you and mom about something important, are you able to come home early today".

"I'll be there as soon as I can. Probably around 4".

"Okay thanks bye" I said and cut the line. It was 3:01 so he should be coming soon.

 It was 3:01 so he should be coming soon

Gem

I got into Adelines car which was a beautiful white convertible. 

"I'm glad you are coming home with me, I can't wait to watch movies with you, have girl talk, talk crap about your sister and just be Girls!!!" She squealed driving to a destination that I didn't know and to think I knew this town.