9. Hospital Like Heaven

EDITED

I woke up surrounded by white,

Am I dead?

Did i acually succeed in killing myself? Is this supposed to be heaven?

As if he heard my thoughts, a man dressed in a white coat  walks in and said "No you are not in heaven, you are very much alive". He said, chuckling.

"How did you know what I was thinking." I said in a raspy voice...I needed water.
"That's what every patient says when they wake up from unconsciousness so I saw the alarm on you face and knew that you probably thought you were in heaven." The doctor says handing me a cup of water.

I gulped it down then it hit me making me almost choke on the water. I'm in a hospital that means I'm going to have to go home soon, that means he saw my bruises and scars.

"Doc-doctor how long was I out and when will i be discharged" i said feeling a bit worried about going home and about him seeing my wounds.
"Please call me John and you were unconscious since last night and before i discharge you I need to ask you a few questions but it won't take long." He smiles.

I knew it, he saw the bruises. Of course he did.

I nod my head allowing him to proceed with the questions.

"Okay so when we were examining you we saw bruises on your neck, stomach, arms and legs you also have a few cracked ribs do you mind explaining how you got so badly hurt". He said looking worried and pitiful.

I don't need his pity.

"Umm.. I fell down a ..um.. a tree". I lied. That sounds believable right?
"Ooh...okay, I'm gonna give you some pain killers to stop the pain. Do you maybe know someone we can call to come here and sign your discharge documents and take you home?" John said not really convinced.

"My parents are out of town. Is it ok if I just sign the papers and go home by foot or catch a bus". I said hoping he believes my lie. He seemed to have believed the first one.

"Okay, we have some clothes in the lost and found that you could wear once you are done you can come to the front office and sign the documents". He smiled then left.

A nurse came with some clothes for me to change into since I was wearing a hospital gown and my clothes were wet. I thanked her then went to go change, it was a big T-shirt and tights with no shoes but that was okay I could walk barefoot. My shoes are still wet.

After I changed I went to the front office and signed the papers then left.

Home

I didn't want to go there, to that hell hole I called home but I guess I had no choice, I mean were would I go. Plus I needed food even though I don't eat much at home it's still something.

But once I turn 18, I'm gonna leave, im gonna run away and i won't look back. 1 year to go.

It looked to be about sometime in the afternoon so my parents are probably at work (I hope so) and my sister at school.

I took the keys under the mat and got in.

The house was empty.
Thank goodness.

I signed then walked to the fridge and took an apple since last night was the last time I ate then I walked upstairs and went to sleep with the brief though of the man who I'm guessing took me to the hospital.