18. Someone's Watching

EDITED

Today was a Sunday and me and Adeline were getting ready for the funeral.

My original plan was to wear black pants and a black top but Adeline gave me a whole lecture about me having to wear a dress because it shows a sign of respect or whatever.

I only agreed to wear a dress just so she can shut up. So she pulled out a dress from my closet that I didn't even know i had.

To be honest the dress was kinda cute. I wore the dress with black flats.

Adelines dress was just as pretty,
She wore it with black sandles. She looked spactacuar.

She also did my makeup since I only used makeup to hide my bruises. She didn't put to much she just put some eyeliner, mascara and a natural pink glossy lipstick.

She also did the same with herself but put a red glossy lipstick instead.

She looked amazing.

She decided that I should leave my hair hanging while she tied hers into a neat bun.

I've never been one to complement myself but I looked good.

We both did.

Well she looked better....

We took our clutch bags and walked downstairs.

"You girls look amazing" Jenna said with a small smile on her face.

I could feel Chase's gaze from behind me, for some reason I just knew it was him.

"Ey Chase eyes up here" Adeline said after catchinv he looking at me up and down making me nervous.

"By the way you are looking at Gem I'm guessing she looks Hot with a capital H" Adeline said giggling.

I turn into a red tomato.

And at the moment I wish the ground could just swallow me whole. I hated attention.

"She does look good" Chase said while looking at me straight in the eye. His voice slightly deeper and his eyes....

Gold.

Do his eyes really turn gold.

I tore my gaze and pulled Adeline to the car so we can go to my house then the funeral.

"So tell me why again you want to go to your house?" she asks starting the car.

"Well I've got some books and other staff I want to take"

"Okay then. Destination to your house. Purpose to go get books."
She said trying to imitate a robot.

I giggled at how stupid she sounded.

"Hey, can I ask you something" I said, thinking about Chases eyes.

"Yeah..shoot"

"Why do Chases eyes change colour, Is it some sort of rare diagnoses or something, is he okay."

She starts getting nervous. Her grip on the staring wheel tightened.

"Um..well...Look you need to ask Chase that. He is the only one who can give you an answer. It's not my story to tell" she said suddenly serious.

We stayed in silence for a few minutes until I started getting uncomfortable so I decide to turn on the radio and the song Dusk till dawn started playing.

"I'll be with
from dusk till dawn
I'll be with you
from dusk till dawn
baby
I'm right here" Adeline sang along with her bad singing.