Chapter Seven

Papa and Mama went to grandma's and grandpa's to deal with the whole Angela running away, and I ended up sitting in the living room with Hunter sitting next to me and Dad sitting in his favorite chair staring at me intently.

"You aren't going anywhere Reagan, you won't be leaving this house." he states coldly.

"You can't make me stay here," I state lowly.

"We adopted you Reagan; therefore you are under our care so that means you stay here. You don't get to just leave." he states crossing his arms.

"Why are you making me stay here? I don't belong here, you can lie to yourselves all you want saying that you love me and accept me even though I'm not your biological daughter but it's a lie. I don't want to be in this house anymore, I refuse to stay here." I scream jumping up from my seat on the couch and start pacing back and forth and while I'm doing so I begin to scratch my arms roughly,

"Why can't you see I don't want to be here? What are you going to do, keep me prisoner here? Force me to remain in a place where I obviously don't belong? You can try all you want, but I'll find a way out of here. Besides it won't be long before I'm out of here, I'm graduating this year and once I graduate I can do whatever I want."  I states glaring at Dad, scratching my arm harder.

"Reagan you need to stop you're hurting yourself." Hunter demands standing up grabbing my hands and pulling them apart so I can see the deep red bloody lines on both of my arms. Letting out an agitated scream I yank myself away from him and begin pounding my fist against my head,

"Ugh, I'm so sick of everyone in this house trying to control me. I'm tired of it, I can do whatever I want, whenever I want and none of you can do a damn thing about it." I scream. I was losing control, and I didn't know why. I can't control my rage,  I wanted help I don't know why I'm acting like this. I let out another frustrated scream and continue pounding my fist against my head,

"Stop it! Reagan, please stop it. I can't handle watching you self destruct. Every time I look at you, I have question how long it us before you snap completely and I lose you. And I don't want that Reagan; I don't want to lose you. I don't care what your mother said; listen to what I have to say. I wish that my name was on your adoption sheet, I love you so much Reagan  I could never forgive myself if something bad were to happen to you, and also I really don't want to lose you. I know you think because you aren't biologically my child or that because you're a werecat that I can't love but that's not true. Angela isn't my biological daughter and I still love her, it doesn't matter if you aren't blood related to a person, all that matters is that you care and honestly love them. I don't want you to think that just because we don't share the same blood that I can't love you as my own. You are my daughter Reagan and I love you more than anything."  Some people think that a man crying is a sign of weakness, but it's not.  Crying is a way of letting out your emotions, whether it's anger, happiness, frustration, or even love. So seeing Dad cry and keep a warm smile on my face told me, his words are true and that he wasn't just saying that stuff and that he actually meant it. Which brought me warmth to my heart, wrapping my arms around his waist I bury my face in his chest and cry.

'It's alright Reagan, I know you're scared and I know you're hurting but it's okay. I wish I could take away all your pain but sadly I can't, all I can do is make sure you know that I'm here for you when you need someone to talk to and you know you have Hunter. So don't be afraid to let others know how you feel, its okay." he states calmly stroking my hair.

2 hours later

By the time Mom and Papa came home I was exhausted from crying so much that, I just lay in Dad's arms.

"What's the news on Angela?" he asks curiously.

"Most of her stuff has been packed into bags and is missing. She left a note saying there's someone she needs to be with. All we can assume is that maybe she found her mate." Papa states collapsing on the couch across from Dad and I.