𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧

Hermione was doing her rounds as usual. She and Malfoy had been made head girl and head boy in their 8th year. Seeing as they needed to work together the two called a truce and only ever spoke when it was about head duties.

But even when the two called truce. Hermione would always see him as a cold hearted Malfoy.

Now back to what I was saying..Hermione was doing her usual rounds but when she walked by an empty classroom she heard two voices, one very familiar.

"Hey kid. Why are you out here this late? What's wrong?"

"I-I forgot the password to the Slytherin common room..s-so I thought I'd just sleep in a near by c-classroom.."

Hermione peeked her head and saw Draco talking to a Slytherin first year. The little boy was shivering, it was really cold in these classrooms.

"You're shivering..here." Draco took his jacket off and wrapped it around the boy.

"Let's get you to the common room"

Draco held his hand out as the first year took it, Hermione panicked and quickly his behind a pillar, hoping she wouldn't be seen.

She looked back and saw Draco muttering the password to the portrait. The little boy smiled greatfully at him.

"Thank you Mr man! I promise I won't forget the password anymore."

Draco chuckled "it's alright. Go now, it's pretty late and you have classes tomorrow"

The boy smiled at him one last time before entering the Slytherin common room.

Hermione smiled as she walked over to Draco "who knew you were good with kids" she teased.

Draco turned to see Hermione standing there, a light blush crossed his cheeks "shut up Granger"

Hermione laughed as she and Draco made their way back to the head dorm "seriously! I would've never thought I'd see you help a first year"

"Well I gotta help my housemates don't I?" Draco joked as Hermione rolled her eyes.

Hermione couldn't help but feel that maybe, just maybe there was something more to this ferret.