"He loves me, he loves me not."

Everybody knows that game you play as a little kid when you get a flower all to well; Picking the petals and mumbling to yourself about whether or not your crush likes you depending on which one you land on once you pick all the petals off the flower. 

That game is something Tony knows all too well nowadays. 

It wasn't even supposed to be something that led to him doing it, he was given a rose by the man and nobody has ever done that to him before so he blushed and took the flower. 

"Gimme the last slice." Scott wiggled his fingers at the Witch who was sitting next to the box filled with some steaming pizza. 

Wanda sighed as she handed him another slice of pizza while the man hummed then swallowed it down like he's been starved for days. 

"Guys, look at what Buck got!" Steve shouted as he walked into the compound with his best friend and the Falcon on either side of him. 

"I don't receive flowers, I give flowers to people. It don't work both ways." Bucky grumbled. 

"Who gave ya flowers Buchanan? Was he cute?" Clint teased then laughed when he got a pillow thrown at him. 

"Some broad gave this bouquet of flowers to me for some damn reason." Bucky sighed then made a noise as he walked over to the table. He took a flower out then handed on to Nat, "here ya go." He walked over to the Witch then handed her one too, "here  ya go." He did this to everyone at the table, except for the archer. "Here ya go doll." Bucky handed the last flower to the billionaire then walked to the kitchen, opening a cabinet and taking out a cup then filling it up with water and placing it in the middle of the table to place the last flower inside ever so carefully, "there." He hummed then looked around for some pizza and shouted at the blonde and the Falcon, all three arguing about how many slices each of them can take. 

Tony blushed when he was handed a rose from the soldier, especially the pet name with that Brooklyn drawl that for some reason made him feel something in the pit of his stomach, not understanding what was going on because he's heard him talk like that to a bunch of girls and it never phased him but now it was like he was a girl acting like she received something from her crush, making him beyond confused. 

Even the other guys got a flower from him, and the girls too but they noticed something... the Veteran only used a pet name for the engineer and not any of them - not even the girls who were girls! It appears that they weren't the only ones who noticed this because the blonde questioned his best friend about it. 

"Why'd ya give him a nickname and not any of the others?" Steve muttered to the older brunette as he nudged his head in the direction of the mechanic who was twirling the flower between his fingers but listening in on and making jokes along with the others at the table. 

Bucky looked at his best friend then looked in the direction the man was looking in and furrowed his brows, "what nickname?" He too muttered back at him. 

"Ya called him 'doll' but you only say that to girls you wanna pick up." Steve pondered. 

"I called him that?" Not even Bucky realized he did that. 

"You like him?" Steve turned to face the Veteran, giving him a serious look as he continued to mumble to the man. 

"Yeah." Bucky nodded his head lightly. 

"I mean like, the way you would with a girl you were picking up in Brooklyn." Steve scoffed once he realized how he could've worded the question better.