6

Annabeth POV-

Hi, is this Percy? I sent a message to the number given to me. I crossed my fingers, hoping he would reply soon.

I waited for a bit, laying in bed, bored. I fidgeted with my necklace, a habit of mine. I wondered if it was too late to text him, maybe he had gone to bed by now. I was about to plug my phone in for the night, suddenly, I heard my phone buzz. I looked at the screen.

Hi Annabeth!

I bit my lower lip, holding back my huge smile. I was happy to have someone text me back, someone to keep my mind off of the events of the evening.

Annabeth:
Did you tell your sister about the poster?

Percy:
Yes I did.

A video was also sent. I clicked to open and play it. On the screen I saw an adorable little girl, dancing around and doing a little happy dance, exclaiming stuff like, "I love you Percy!" and "I can't believe I'm getting a poster!"

I heard laughing in the background from a woman and a man. I assumed that they were Percy's parents. They seemed like a happy family. I remembered what Percy had told me about being poor. This didn't seem to bother them much though. My family was rich, we had everything we needed and more, but if you asked me my brother Bobby's favorite color- I never bothered getting close to my family and they never bothered getting close to me. I know it was stupid to be jealous of what Percy's family had, but I was a bit.

The video stopped playing and I swiped out of it.

Annabeth:
She's so cute!

Percy:
I know right!

I laughed at the brotherly affection displayed. I'd never seen siblings get along quite as well.

Annabeth:
Tell her that I think she has a real future in dancing and singing.

Percy:
I'll have to. That'll make her day. Once she finds out I have your number though she'll be even happier. She might manage to beg me into letting her text you...

Annabeth:
I don't doubt that. How can anyone say no to her face?

Percy:
Honestly, I don't know

I laughed and yawned.

Annabeth:
I gotta go to bed. Goodnight, Percy

Percy:
Oh alright. See you tomorrow afternoon. Goodnight!

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach at the thought of seeing him again. It was weird. I just met the guy today, why did I feel this way? I never ever felt this way. I scrolled through the messages we shared again, reading them. I watched the adorable video of Estelle.

He was a sweet guy with a nice family. I wanted to help them somehow, they deserved it. I didn't know how though. I fell asleep, thinking of them, thinking of Percy.

I showed up to work around noon the next day. Today, lyrics swirled in my mind. A song about a boy. I didn't add descriptions of him. I didn't need him to know yet. I didn't even know if he liked me. It seemed silly, liking a big after knowing him for not even a day. Percy was sweet though, him and I got along well. He was easy to talk to, he understood. He wasn't bitter or mean, he was gentle and kind.

I smiled, thinking of him, his laugh, his smile, his mesmerizing sea green eyes. I was caught in a daydream, just thinking of him. I remembered yesterday, how comfortable I was. How I laughed for the first time in a while being with him and seeing Estelle's happy dance on video.

"Uh oh, someone's thinking about her boyfriend, l see," a recognizable voice teased. I looked over to see Thalia in the doorway. If she wasn't my best friend and if I wasn't so embarrassed, I would've punched her.

"Shut up," I mumbled into my hands, covering my red face.

"Not denying that you like him," she noted.

"Thalia. I. Will. Kill. You."

"It's not like you don't tease me about my crushes!"

"So you're admitting to liking Reyna now, huh?" I smirked and raised my eyebrows. Thalia groaned and walked in the room, slamming the door behind her.

"What are all these lyrics about?" Her lips pressed together as she smirked and tried to grab them from me, luckily I was quick and pulled them away.

"None of your business."

This made her smirk even more. "Alright. I was wondering if you wanted to come get lunch with me."

I set my lyrics down on the couch as I stood up.

"Sure."

"Good, you're buying."

"What?! No!"

"Yes!"

I sighed and looked in the bag I brought with me for my wallet. I didn't need all this money anyways.

Thalia and I headed down to the café to get some food. She ordered anything and everything, not caring that I was paying. I didn't mind though, this was normal.

"Thalia! You might as well buy the restaurant!" I scolded as she ordered another thing of fries.

"Great idea Annabeth," She said, "remind me to write that on my bucket list later."

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Annabeth!" A woman, Demeter, called for me to grab my lunch. I went up and collected my tray of food. "Make sure to come for breakfast sometime! We have amazing cereals."

"I'll have to sometime, thank you, Demeter." I walked away, Thalia following me. We took a seat at the table across from each other. She shoved her face full of French Fries, while I ate my meal at a normal pace.

"Thalia, you're gonna get a stomach ache. Or choke and die," I warned, "don't come running to me if either happen."

She said something inaudible, since she was still chewing her meal. That's how our conversation went for the rest of lunch, very one-sided. Thalia and I said goodbye and I headed back into my studio to keep working.

I continued writing the song, adding in what I was thinking. I learned that it's best to go with your first thoughts and not always second guess yourself, especially when writing the rough draft to a song. Around two o'clock, I sent a reminder message to Percy about getting the poster.

He replied with be there in 10.

I smiled and slowly put my lyrics in my folder.

I pulled out one of my newer posters and wrote my name. I figured I'd write a little message too:

Hi Estelle! Your brother told me you're a fan!

I put the cap on my marker and shoved it back in my bag I laid the posted on the table. Maybe someday I could meet this little girl in person.

I sat on the couch and waited for Percy to show up.