35

Annabeth POV-

Percy and I hold each other there. I didn't expect to hear what he told me about his old stepfather. I hear Magnus call everyone for dinner.

"We better go," I say. Percy pulls me closer.

"I don't want to. I want to snuggle you forever."

"Percy, think of all the food." That gets him to jump out of bed. He runs out the door in the blink of an eye. I laugh. Then he come back, noticing that I'm not behind him.

"Annabeth? What are you waiting for? Let's get food!"

"Okay, okay, I'm coming." I run after him and grab his hand, lacing our fingers together.

We tread to the kitchen, and jump in a line of kids putting food on their plate. Estelle gets in line with us.

"Help," she says as she tries to put applesauce on her plate. Percy put down his plate and took the spoon from her, scooping applesauce onto her dish.

"That's enough. Can I get some Mac 'n cheese?" She asks. He follows her through the line, scooping whatever she asks for onto her plate and adding some to his own. The three of us take open seats next to Alex and Magnus. I note they're sitting suspiciously close...

I watch them carefully as I eat my dinner. They were more blush-y than usual. Especially Magnus. Whenever their hands brushed they would smile and turn red. Then, Alex grabs Magnus' hand and holds it between them under the table.

"Okay. What's going on between you two?" I ask. Alex smiles.

"While you and Percy were upstairs, Magnus and I kissed. We're dating now." Everyone gasps and cheers at the news. Apparently, they hadn't told a soul.

"About time," Sam says. Magnus turns red and Sam can't help but laugh. "I could see it from the day I introduced the two of you."

Hearth signs something causing his friends to laugh. Alex kisses Magnus on the cheek and continues to eat. I look over to Percy. Apparently, he never stopped eating. His plate was now empty. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Percy, how was your food?" I ask. He smiles.

"It was delicious. Thank you, Hearth and Blitz for the food."

Hearth signs a 'you're welcome'.

We talk and laugh with each other and the kids until the food is gone. The kids leave to go play with toys and games. Estelle follows them. She has made many friends, Percy had told me earlier.

"So Annabeth, tomorrows the big night. How do you feel?" Sam asks.

"Right now I'm fine. Trust me, the music awards, New Year's Eve, and fancy performances involving red carpet  are much much more nerve racking. This isn't too much compared to them."

"Show off," Magnus mutters. I shrug.

"There's only a few things I'm worried about," I say.

"Which are?"

"Little surprises for the show that I don't want to give away to someone who will be there," I say, looking towards Percy. He absentmindedly played with my curls, gently pulling and watching them spring back up.

"What?" He asks.

"He's not even paying attention, so I guess I could've told you. It's okay though. Nothing major."

Percy resumes to playing with my curls and Magnus, his friends, and I continue to chat until late.

Percy had put Estelle to bed recently, after they called their mom. After that, I told him to shower and get ready for bed and promised to be up soon.

"Go ahead and go to bed, Cuz. You want to be well rested for your performance tomorrow."

I want to argue, but then I yawn. I nod and head off to bed. "Goodnight, Maggie," I say. It's only us left. Alex went to go watch a movie with Sam and Amir, and Blitz and Heath had gone somewhere else. No one was really sure, as they had left without a word or a sign.

As I open the door to my room, I see Percy fighting to keep his eyes open on the bed. I go and stand next to him.

"You promised you'd be up soon so we could snuggle," he pouts.

"I know. I'm sorry, Seaweed Brain. I was talking to Magnus and I lost track of time." I run my fingers through his hair. It was still damp from the shower. He wraps his arms around my waist and I let out a yelp as he pulls me towards him.

"Percy," I say after he holds me for a few minutes. "I need to go shower and brush my teeth. Can you let me go?"

He pulls me even closer.

"Percy!"

With a sigh, he lets me go. I shower, brush my hair and teeth, and put on pajamas. Percy is fast asleep when I exit the bathroom. I carefully slip into the bed.

Almost as if he sensed my presence in his sleep, he turns to me and lays a hand around my stomach, bringing us closer together. I smile and ruffle his already-messy black hair.

"I love you," I whisper. He seems to smile in his sleep and I can't help but laugh.

I find myself tossing and turning, unable to rest. Percy holds me tighter, as if he sensed my unease while he was asleep. Finally, I realize I wasn't going to get any sleep for a while. I sit up in bed and pulled out my blueprints to keep me busy. As I design the next room in the Jackson Home, Percy stirs next to me.

"Wise Girl, what are you doing?" He asks.

"Just drawing. Go back to sleep, Seaweed Brain."

"I'll sleep when you sleep, Wise Girl." He sits up in bed next to me. Luckily, I haven't put a title on the blueprint yet, or else he would know who this is for.

As I push hair out of my face again, I feel his hands gently hold onto the lock for me. I feel as he begins to play with it and I laugh.

"Can you tell me about the house?" He asks, kissing my cheek. I figure that I can tell him without him figuring out the home's purpose, so I begin to explain.

"And lastly, this is a room for a little girl, most likely. It'll have all of her favorite toys."

"Annabeth, who is the home really for?" Percy asks, looking into my gray eyes.

"I'm not sure," I lie.

"Annabeth-" I can't lie to him.

"It's for you and your family. You guys have done so much for me and I wanted to do something for you."

"Annabeth, you don't have to do that. We love you and we love having you at our house. You've done so much for us already."

"Percy, just let me do this, okay?"

"Annabeth-"

I pull a dirty card that I knew he couldn't resist. "Imagine how happy Estelle would be."

He sighs and I know I won. "Fine."

"I love you Seaweed Brain."

He smiles. "I love you more, Wise Girl."

"Impossible." He plants a kiss on my lips that I gladly accept.

Sorry it took me so long to come out with a chapter! I hope you enjoyed!