52

Percy POV-

After breakfast with my family, I start to wash the dishes. By washing the dishes, I mean swirling my hands through the soapy water and staring at it, entering a blank space in my mind.

I grab the sponge and frantically begin to scrub a plate as I hear the soft shuffle of footsteps behind me. I know they belong to my mom.

"Percy," she says. "I have some news for you."

I turn around to face her. She looks solemn, and honestly, a little troubled.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, I received a phone call today... it was your father. He's in New York and he wants to see you-"

"No."

"Percy!" She exclaims, then she sighs. "Percy, he really wants to see you again."

"That doesn't mean that I want to see him."

"Percy, I know it hurt you when he left-"

"No, he hurt you. And for that, I don't want to talk to him. You taught me as a kid to say something nice or nothing at all. I have nothing nice to say." She rolls her eyes.

"But he's here in New York for business. He really wants to see you while he has the chance."

I sigh. "The fact that he couldn't come on his own account, he had to come for a business trip. Not to say 'hey Percy! Hey Sally! How are you?'. He came for business and figured that while he's here he better do something at least half decent."

"Percy, it's not like that. He hasn't seen you since you were a baby."

"He should've thought about that before he left us."

She sighs again. "Percy, just at least say 'hi' when he comes in. Then you can go to your room. He'll be in here later for dinner."

"Annabeth's coming over for dinner though. Then she's taking Estelle and going with the girls because they want to go wedding dress shopping."

"Then he can meet your fiancée. There's no problem with that." She smiles at me, even though I'm frowning. "Sweetie. I know that you don't want to talk to him. When I was in the phone with him, he sounded so thrilled to finally see you again. He was asking me all about how you've been."

"He would know if he actually-"

"Percy!"

"I'm just saying. He doesn't have to come to dinner. If I were you, I would've told him to fu-"

"Your sister is in the house."

"Shit," I mutter understand my breath. She gives me a disapproving look to which I smile innocently to. "She already knows that one, so it's okay."

My mom frowns at me. "Seriously?"

"In my defense, it's not my fault. It's Annabeth's."

My mom laughs. "I don't doubt that."

"Oh so when it's Annabeth's fault, you laugh but when it's mine you're actually angry? I see how it is."

She reaches up and ruffles my hair.

"I'll finish up these dishes. Your sister told me to give you this." She hands me a note.

You are invited to a tea party
Address: Queen Estelle's Castle
Time: RIGHT NOW OR ELSE
P.S. don't be late

I laugh and run to my sister's room. She sits there in her pink princess dress, arms crossed, a frown on her face.

"You're late!" She exclaims.