31

Annabeth POV-

"Ready to go?" I ask Percy and Estelle. They already said goodbye to their parents, which involved many "be safe", "I'll miss you so much",  "I expect a call every night from you" and many other endearing things.

Estelle nods eagerly in response to my question and wraps her arms around me. "I'm so excited, Annabeth! Thank you! Thank you for getting me a ticket!" She jumps up and down.

"Of course! Anything for my number one fan," I tell her, messing with her salt and pepper curls. She giggled and turned to Percy.

"Hear that? I'm number one, not you!" She stuck her tongue out at him. He laughed. Then, he scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the limo, tickling her the whole way. I watched as the siblings interacted. I never had that with my brothers. I wished I had the chance.

We took a seat in the limo, Percy next to me and Estelle sitting across from us, trying to clamber around to all the new fancy items.

"Estelle, you have to buckle in," Percy told her and strapped her seatbelt. But, I could also see his curiosity with everything too. He'd been in the limo only a couple other times, but I remembered how funny it was to watch him explore it:

"What's this?" He asked.

"That's a beverage dispenser."

"Ooh fancy. Does it do blue soda?"

"No."

"That's disappointing." Then his attention quickly changed.

"Those are to control seat heating and cooling. The buttons next to it are to control seat positioning."

"That's a TV."

"That's the remote to the TV."

"That's fancy speakers."

"Popcorn machine. For movies."

"Multicolored lights, Percy."

"Ooh! Make it blue!" So I did.

"Wireless phone charging station."

"Seaweed Brain, that's the window." I was practically gasping for air at that point. He was adorable when he got curious.

"Oh right, I knew that. Sorry."  I shook my head and told him to sit down. He flipped out the first time he heard Argus over the intercom. To say that it had been an experience would be an understatement. But it was perfect.

He was perfect.

"Where to next, Ms. Chase?" Argus asked through the intercom, interrupting my memory. It took me a second to bring myself back, but I told him where I needed to go to meet up with Vince.

We picked Vince up and he took the other seat across from us next to Estelle.

"Hi! I'm Estelle!"

Vince smiled. "Hi. I'm Vince."

They started chatting. I could tell they would get along fine for the rest of the trip, not that I had ever worried that they wouldn't. They were both too sweet to ever have any problems with anyone, really.

Percy grabs the remote and puts on The Little Mermaid.

"For Estelle," he claims. Sure.

Him and Estelle sing along to "Under the Sea" and Vince and I laugh.

"Mommy said that Percy used to always sing that song to me to try to get me to go to sleep when I was a baby and he was trying to help her and daddy out. With his awful voice, I'm not sure how I did. And how I didn't wake from nightmares."