23

Annabeth POV-

I headed home from Percy's apartment that night. He held hands with me until my Argus came. We shared a quick kiss and I entered the car. Argus had a smirk on his face, but doesn't say anything.

"Annabeth!" My dad called as I entered the penthouse. He sounded frustrated. He knows.

"Yes, Frederick?" He was most likely in the study.

"Come up here, I need to talk to you! I'm in my study!" I walked up the stairs, slowly and carefully. I opened the door to his study as I arrived. He's working on one of his model planes. He looked at me.

"Have a seat," he said. I stayed standing. He sighed. "Annabeth, I saw the news. Why didn't you tell me that you're dating that boy?"

"Because we just started dating today." He looked at me in surprise.

"We're you planning on telling me?"

"Not really. I figured I'd have to eventually because the news will be huge, and everyone will find out." I sighed. "I know you'll want me to break up with him because of Luke, but I can't do that."

He sighed. "I don't know what you're going to do then. Hermes and Luke are angry."

"I don't care. Luke cheated on me when we were officially dating. Now we're not and I'm dating someone else, so he's angry? If he's so upset, then he can cancel the music video."

"We can't cancel the video. It'll make us so much money. If we cancel the video, your publicity may drop."

I sighed. "Frederick-" he looked at me with a raised eyebrow. He hated when I called him Frederick. It would be best if I called him dad. I correct myself. "Dad, I don't care about publicity or money or any of that. Please, cancel the video."

"I can't do that. Your mother-"

"Helen is not my mother."

"Fine. Helen would never let me do that. She's the one who does the negotiating and everything. She's the one that will make you break up with your boyfriend. If I had it my way-"

"That's another thing! You and Helen always get your way when it comes to my life! I never wanted to be a pop star, I never wanted to do the video with Luke, I didn't even want to live here!" I stormed out of the office, slamming the door behind me. Bobby and Matthew stood outside, holding their juice boxes with their eyes wide and mouths open.

I looked at them and sighed. "Were you really eavesdropping?" I asked.

"No," Matthew said, while Bobby asked, "you have a boyfriend?"

I let loose a small laugh. "Yeah, I do."

"Can we meet him?" Bobby asked.

"Maybe some other time. I'm going to my room."

The twins pouted. I walked away anyways. I closed my door and crashed onto my bed. I finally relaxed when I pull out my blueprints. My phone buzzed.

Percy: Did you tell your parents? How'd it go?

I decided to call him, telling him what happened. After talking to him, he said, "I'm sorry Wise Girl. I hope it gets better with them."

"Yeah. Love you, Seaweed Brain."

"I love you too. See you tomorrow?"

"Probably."

"Okay. Good night. If you need anything just call."

"Alright. Thanks."

"Of course, Annabeth."

I hung up with him and returned to my blueprints. I managed to finish the kitchen in the time before I turned my lights out and went to bed.