36

Short chapter for concert day! Hope you enjoy! Sorry it took me so long to publish! I've been dealing with a lot lately, including writer block. Luckily, I have a few ideas in mind for the next couple chapters to come, so hopefully those won't take nearly as long to get for you guys! Love you!

Narrator POV-

It was the day of Annabeth's concert. Estelle skips through the halls, singing along to her favorite song.

"Annabeth! I'm so happy that you're gonna sing today!" She jumps up and down while she hugs Annabeth. Annabeth laughs.

"It's gonna be a lot of fun, isn't it?" Estelle nods happily. "How about you go get breakfast. Magnus and Alex can get you all you want. And, since Percy isn't down there, there will be a bunch of food still." Estelle giggles and races down the stairs. Annabeth heads back into her and Percy's shared room. She sits on the bed and picks up her blueprints, sketching a few things before Percy emerges from the bathroom shirtless.

"I-I thought you were heading downstairs with Estelle. I forgot a shirt." He grabs a blue shirt from his suitcase and throws it in him, ruining Annabeth's sight of his abs. Thank god he did, because she could feel her face turning pink already.

"You're a Seaweed Brain," she says.

"You're a Wise Girl. What are you doing anyways?"

"I sent Estelle down for food. I wanted to wait for my boyfriend to make sure he looked good and ready for a concert. I just didn't expect him to plan on going to the concert shirtless."

He walks over to the bedside with a grin on his face. "He didn't think his girlfriend would mind too much."

"His girlfriend does mind. She's worried other girls might ogle over his abs during the show. Then, she'll have to jump off stage and pull the girl away because her boyfriend might be a little too oblivious to notice."

He laughs and places a kiss on her lips. "He won't notice because he'll be too busy staring at his girlfriend up on stage."

Annabeth felt her heart flutter.

The day continues on and finally, it's concert time. Annabeth's palms start to sweat. She's never performed in front of two people she loved so much. Oh my god, what if everything went wrong?

"Don't be nervous, Wise Girl. You're gonna do fantastic." Percy gave her a final kiss before he disappeared from backstage and out the door to find his seat. Estelle danced and twirled as she walked in front of Percy, his hands on her shoulders, guiding her. Annabeth just had to laugh.

"Ten minutes, Annabeth!" Her father called. She stood up from off of her stool and looked in the mirror. Silena had done an amazing job with her makeup, as much as she hated wearing it. And the dress was beautiful. Knee length and a beautiful sea-green with the perfect amount of sparkle. Like Percy's eyes, she thought when she saw it. It would especially be perfect for the surprise song she had wrote, just for him. It hasn't been recorded yet. This would be her first time really singing it.

Green eyed boy with messy black hair
He looks at me like love is everywhere
And i shove down the butterflies as he smiles
That lopsided grin, eyes only for me
In his arms I want to be

She hums the lyrics as she smooths out the green dress.

"Let's go, Annabeth!" Helen calls.

She walks on the stage to a roaring crowd. Percy and Estelle sit in the front row. Percy flashes her a smile, while Estelle jumps up and down, waving at her. She gives a small wave in return. She watched as Percy held Estelle while she tried to wriggle out of his arms to get onto stage. She couldn't help but laugh.

"Hello Boston!" She called into her microphone. An even louder cheer rang out.

She sung all of her songs beautifully. She introduced her song for Percy and she watched him as he watched her, mesmerized with her singing and the beautiful song she wrote for him.

At the end of the performance, Annabeth was backstage, removing all the makeup from her face. She heard a knock on her door.

"Come in!" She called. A little Estelle barged in, wrapping her arms around Annabeth's legs. Percy followed his sister, wrapping Annabeth in a hug.

"You did amazing," Percy said. "But seriously, you wrote a song about me?"

"I did. Did you like it?"

"I loved it." He cupped her cheeks and kissed her lips.

"I had so much fun, Annabeth!" Estelle exclaims. "Can I come to every concert?" Annabeth laughs.

"I'll see what I can do." Annabeth picks up the little girl and she squeals.

When they arrive back at The Chase Space, everyone is asleep. Estelle is too. Percy carries her in his arms.

They put Estelle in her bed and climb into theirs in the next room over. Annabeth wraps her arms around Percy and rests her head on his chest. He clings to her like she was the only thing that matters.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!