26

Annabeth's POV-

I waited on the couch for Percy to come in. Please don't be late, I thought. The elevator dinged. Finally.

Percy stepped out, looking fancy and uncomfortable in a suit and tie. I had to hold back a laugh. I got up from the couch and greeted him with a kiss. I understood how uncomfortable he was, my dad and Helen forced me to wear a dress. I made sure it was blue.

Helen and Frederick came down the stairs after hearing the elevator ding.

"You must be Percy, it's nice to meet you," my father said.

"It's nice to meet you too," Percy said with a smile.

Helen said nothing.

Then, my brothers trampled down the stairs.

"Are you Annabeth's boyfriend?"

"Do you want to play video games with us?"

"Do you like orange juice?"

"You better like orange juice. If not, you have to leave."

"Guys, guys," I said, "calm down. Percy likes orange juice. And we have to eat dinner. Maybe later you can play video games." They smiled as I ruffled their blond hair.

"Percy, this is Bobby and Matthew." Percy smiled at them.

"It's good to meet you guys," Percy told them. They returned the greeting.

"Let's go eat," Helen said. We followed her to the dining room and took our seats.

"Annabeth, I think that's plenty of food to start you off, don't you think?" Helen asked. I looked down at the roasted vegetables on my plate.

"I was actually going to get a bit of steak as well," I said.

"Annabeth, you probably shouldn't. You don't want to get fat. I'm sure your boyfriend wouldn't like it much either."

"Oh, I don't care how Annabeth looks, she's always beautiful," Percy told Helen who scowled. I blushed. Out of the corner of my eyes, I thought I could see my father with a faint smile on his face. I grabbed some more food for my plate and started eating.

Helen looked down at her plate, her face red. Percy grabbed my hand at my side and squeezed it gently. I looked at him and smiled.

We finished eating and for once I was allowed to finish a whole meal in my own house.

"How late can you stay?" I asked Percy. He shrugged.

"My mom doesn't care too much, I don't have school tomorrow."

"Want to play a board game or something?"

"Anything you want, Wise Girl."

I grabbed his hand and brought him to the game room. Bobby and Matthew were there, already playing a video game. They looked up from the screen. "Percy, can you play with us?" Percy looked towards me.

"Boys, Percy and I were gonna play a board game, you can play if you'd like."

They pouted and Percy said, "I will definitely play video games with you another time though, okay?"

That made them smile. "Okay!"

The boys turned off their game and came over to play Clue with Percy and I. We all sat in bean bag chairs around the board. We each chose are characters, I purposely took Mrs.Peacock so Percy couldn't be blue, just to mess with him. It made him very upset.

"Annabeth! I wanted to be blue!"

"I'm sorry Percy, but you told me I could pick first. I wanted to be blue too."