Suffering

"Normal" - speaking 'Italics' - thinking/ writing(Bold) - author speaking/ author notes <Normal> - calling/ audio (Normal) - texting

"Normal" - speaking
'Italics' - thinking/ writing
(Bold) - author speaking/ author notes
<Normal> - calling/ audio
(Normal) - texting

(Third POV)

——————————————————————————

Izuku opens the door to the the convenience store, slightly cringing at the entry chime's loud bell ringing.

The store clerk briefly looks up to greet Izuku before going back to whatever he was doing on his phone.

Skimming through the many shelves, Izuku collects lots of canned food and other snacks, not forgetting the padlock he needs for the door back home. He can feel the employee's eyes occasionally glance at him, from behind the counter, while he continues filling his arms to the brim with canned food and chip bags.

He brings everything to the counter, prepared to check out.

The cashier's left eyebrow raises, watching as Izuku pulls out his ¥7000.

While waiting for the man behind the counter to scan all of his items, Izuku notices the growing suspicion.

'Think of an excuse quick!' Midoriya thinks.

"My uhh... friend has a quirk that needs tons of food to function, but the store that I would usually buy food from was robbed of all the edible stock," Izuku falsely claims, satisfied with his quick lie.

The cashier gives a hesitant nod in response.

-Time skip-

Izuku begins to notice his heavy breathing and his rapidly growing fatigue while walking back home, holding three plastic bags full of the food he bought.

"I gotta work out if I have any future in killing people, especially if my opponent is strong," Izuku mutters to himself, ignoring the brief surge of excitement when the idea of killing was brought up.

'There are no gyms anywhere near here, just vacant run down buildings and the occasional store,' Midoriya continues, walking past multiple dingy alleyways.

"Huff, huff, hu- hacggkk."

The sound of harsh, quick breathing stops Izuku in his tracks. 

A thin trail of crimson blood catches his eyes, leading into the narrow alleyway beside him.

Izuku sets his grocery bags behind a full garbage bag thrown to the side, away from view.

Now with his hands open and his guard up, Midoriya advances towards the sound.

After letting his eyes adjust for a moment, Izuku lays eyes upon a boy with dark turquoise hair, around his age, maybe a little younger, trying to crawl away, further into the dark abyss.