Stitches

"Normal" - speaking 'Italics' - thinking/ writing(Bold) - author speaking/ author notes<Normal> - calling/ audio(Normal) - texting (Third POV)

"Normal" - speaking
'Italics' - thinking/ writing
(Bold) - author speaking/ author notes
<Normal> - calling/ audio
(Normal) - texting
(Third POV)

——————————————————————————

Midoriya slowly opens the door to his apartment, cringing as the door creaks loudly, bracing himself for any sudden attacks from Inko.

With the door fully open, he begins to hear rushed, sloppy footsteps getting closer and closer.

"Izuku you brat! You're late!" Inko spats, clearly very inebriated.

The male greenette quickly steps inside, closing the door.

"I'm sorry ma'am," Izuku begins, bowing his head.

"I got held up on my way home a few times," Izuku explains, keeping his gaze firmly locked on the floor.

Izuku was always scolded whenever he called Inko his mother or mom out loud. She always said he must call her ma'am or miss whenever they didn't have company; otherwise, if other people were around, they would act like the run of the mill mother and son.

"I do- 'hic' don't want your 'hic' excuses," his mother retorts, hiccuping in the process. She steadily leans against the wall for support, getting dizzy.

"I'm having a bad day today."

"I got fired from my job, and I don't ne- 'hic' need you to make it any worse," she continues with a harsh tone.

Izuku begins taking a few steps forward, hoping to get to his room without suffering through the addition of any extra bruises.

The green-eyed male makes it safely to the entry of the hallway before getting roughly pushed to the ground.

Groaning in pain, Izuku shifts to the side slowly, opening his eyes the moment the teen's mother slams her foot down into his head.

"Stop fucking squirming around," Inko demands, harshly.

Grabbing a fistful of his messy hair, Inko jerks his head up to face her direction, screaming profanities at the boy before ramming his head to the ground once again.

'It hurts, It hurts!'

'I can't move.'
'I feel something warm on my forehead.'

'I think it's blood,' Izuku judges.
He squeezes his eyes shut waiting for the pain to subside.

'This brat better not think he's gonna get away so easily after coming home late,' Inko judges in her mind, snatching the nearest empty bottle off the floor.

"Your goddamn uniform is all dirty too! I'm not gonna buy you a new one you 'hic' w- 'hic' waste of space!" Miss Midoriya screeches, raising her arm readying a swing to his head.