Chapter 10

Embers POV

"For only from the ashes of who we were, can we rise up to become who we're to be" he whispers in my ear. Shortly after I hear his breathing even out, I'm still staring at him in awe.

Who is this man? And where did he come from? I slip back into sleep with my face buried deep into his muscular chest.

By the time I stir awake again I feel refreshed, somewhat rejuvenated. Like the weight I've carried all this time has somewhat lessened. I thought I'd regret telling Hurricane about my past but I don't, I trust him. He makes me feel safe.

"Morning beautiful" he whispers into my hair before kissing the crown of my head

"Morning, what time is it?"

He reaches behind him to look at his phone on the night stand, his other arm still wrapped tightly around me "10:45, Jesus I never sleep in this late"

"That makes two of us" I huff out "I'll go make some coffee... in a minute"

He chuckles at me while pulling me to lay on top of him, I don't dare move but I'm feeling pretty self conscious right about now. He runs his hand up and down my back before resting it on my hip, I tense.

I know he feels it when he asks what's wrong?

"Nothing" I answer sheepishly

"Tell me"

"You've got your hand on my wobbly bits and it's freaking me out a little bit, I also might be slightly concerned that I'm crushing you"

He lifts my chin from resting on his chest to look into my eyes, he looks a bit confused to be honest

"I've never met nor seen anyone as sexy as you. I also happen to like having something to hold onto" he growls out "plus, it would take a hell of a lot more than your peachy little ass to crush me"

All of a sudden I feel a pinch on my bum and yelp in surprise as he flips us over so I'm underneath him. He moves his nose across mine in an Eskimo kiss before lightly touching his lips against mine, this kiss is different from last night, some how softer. More delicate.

"So beautiful" he whispers, I can feel him getting hard against my thigh, he kisses the tip of my nose and rolls off me.

"You stay here, I'll go make the coffee" he winks at me and I sit myself up against the headboard

He leaves the room and I decide to check my phone incase I've missed any messages or calls from Jake.

JAKE
Morning, going to the mall with Cal. Be back later. Love ya

ME
Ok baby, be safe. I love you too xxx

Hurricane walks back in holding two mugs, he walks around my sit of the bed to set one down on the bedside table before walking back to the other side and doing the same thing. He scoots back under the covers and sits next to me against the head board.

"You got any plans for today beautiful?"

I pick up my coffee with blowing it and shaking my head "nu-uh. Jake's gone to the mall with his friend Cal. I might do some gardening or something"

"Cals a good kid. His Dad, Panic, is my VP. We were sandbox buddies, me, him and Sandy"

"Who's Sandy?" I ask with an eyebrow raised. I'm not jealous. Just curious, sort of.

"Cals Mom, Panics old lady. I'm surprised she hasn't coming knocking here yet. She'll love you!" He chuckles, and now I feel like a dick. Absolutely no reason to be jealous

"She's kinda full on, but she's a real nice person and she loves her family something fierce" he says winking at me

"I'm sure I'll meet her eventually then. The boys seem to have formed quite the bond" I say grinning at him. Jake's never really had a best friend so I'm glad he's found Cal

Just then, my phone starts to ring and not five seconds later, his does too. It's an odd number but I answer it anyway. As I look over to Hurricane he's already looking at me and I know he just got the same call I did.

I end my call at the same time he does "shit" I breath out

"Come on baby, we better get dressed and go"

I hop out of bed and sprint to the bathroom, collecting clothes on the way. Once I've done my business and got dressed, I walk out to see Hurricane is ready.

I guess it's now or never. That boy better have a good explanation for this shit!