Chapter 26

Embers POV

Pregnant. I'm pregnant. 4-6 weeks the test says. Pregnant. I can't believe it.

Raiden must have fucking super swimmers, surely! For me to get pregnant that quick?

"You ready to head home baby?" Raiden shouts through his bathroom door at the club

We had to come back here first so he could speak to the boys and I'd quickly headed upstairs to his bedroom and into the bathroom to piss on the stick.

"Coming!" I shout back in a voice I hope doesn't sound too nervous

I'm lost, so lost in my own head that I just shove the test and packaging into his bin, wash my hands and exit his bathroom. I find him sat on his bed looking at his phone, as soon as I enter his eyes find mine and a huge smile breaks out onto his face, he stands shoving his phone into his pocket

"Let's get you home baby and I'll run you a nice bath" he says wrapping his arms around me and planting a soft kiss on my forehead

God I love this man. I wrap my arms around his waist and squeeze, trying to pour all my love out and onto him, I hope he knows how much I love him

We head out of the clubhouse and across the road back to my place. Back to Jake. I'm so glad he's found a friend. All I ever wanted growing up was a friend, but I was the weird girl who got pregnant at 13, so no one ever wanted to be my friend. All I really had was my Mum and Jake and that was enough.

But now? Now I feel like I've got 10 brothers, older and younger. 10 men who would do absolutely anything to protect one another, to protect me. And Sandy, she's like a sister, we've become so close over the last few weeks. I don't know what I would do without her.

And now that I'm pregnant? My baby will have 10 uncles. Our baby, I'm pregnant with our baby. It keeps running though my head as we walk back to my house. I'm having a baby, a boy? A girl? Who knows, but I'm having a baby! We're having a baby!

It's just starting to get dark outside and I can't see any lights on in the house so I'm assuming that means the boys have gone out or gone to Cals house, or maybe just been too lazy to turn any lights on.

My mind is whirling, do I tell Raiden now? Or do I make it special? I'm too excited though and I'm shit at keeping secrets! Like if I get a present for Jake, I can't just wait and hold it in because it makes me feel like I'll explode and I get too excited so I have to ruin it and tell him, he's pretty used to that now though. My Mum got pretty used to it too.

She used to tell me off because I can't keep anything secret. She'd catch me telling all my teddies when I was little because I just had to tell someone, I had to get it out.

So you can imagine she was quite shocked when she found out I was pregnant at 13 and how it had happened. Although I knew that was a bad secret, I was told my parents would be upset if they found out, so I'd quietly told one of my teddies one night, just to get it off my chest, and while that had sort of helped, it helped a lot more when my parents found out and I didn't have to keep any secrets any more.

They told me to never keep secrets again, big or small, good or bad, I was to always tell someone. A person, not a teddy.

"Shit!" Raiden mutters from beside me

"I've left my bag at the clubhouse, you ok if I run back and grab it?" He asks

"Course, I think the boys are still here anyway" he leans down a kisses me on the lips, then my nose, cheeks and forehead

"I'll be back in a minute" he says and turns to walk off back to the clubhouse

I dig my house keys from my pocket and shove the key into the door but it doesn't turn, that must mean the boys are still here if the doors unlocked

I turn to look at Raiden but he's out of sight now.

I step into the house and shut the door behind me, feeling along the wall for the light switch when I hear, nothing.

The house is silent, the boys would be making some noise surely? And if they're not here then why is the door unlocked?

"Hello precious"

That voice. I'd know it anywhere. It's the voice in all of my nightmares, no. This can't be happening.