Chapter 20

Raiden POV

I was so close.

I'm laid wide awake as Ember sleeps snuggled against me, love. I love her, more than anything.

There was a time, many years ago that I thought I was in love but that was all a lie. We'd been high school sweethearts, or so I thought! Turns out she just wanted a title.

My Dad and a few others had founded The devils wings MC back in the 80s, they had wanted a club for men who had no family and nowhere else to go, my Dad, Eagle had been the president so it was always assumed I would one day take over and be president too.

And of course that did happen, but that bitch Kelly had only wanted one thing. She knew the club had money and so she'd gotten with me in hopes of being able to get her hands on it and I suppose at some point she just got bored of waiting around so she went higher. She tried to sleep with my Dad.

She wasn't my old lady, and he hadn't even met her before, my Mom was still around at the time and when my Dad had gone to his room at the club house with Mom and found a naked woman sprawled out on his bed he lost his fucking shit.

I'd never seen him that mad, ever. He loved my Mom more than anything in the world, nothing could ever come between them, they faced obstacles during their 40 year marriage, of course they did but they always got through it together and he would never cheat on her, she knew that, you could see by just the way he looked at her how much he loved my Mom.

So even the thought of someone getting between them, breaking them apart after all those years, he just saw red.

All the commotion and shouting had drawn us all upstairs and I just had to watch on in shock.

I remember the look on my Mother's face. She'd known, she knew who Kelly was and I knew she never liked her but she never told me that, didn't warn me away from her, just left me to find out for myself how much of a malicious gold digging whore she was.

My Mother had watched with humour dancing in her eyes and a smirk on her face as my Father ordered Kelly to get dressed and get her skanky ass the fuck away from the compound and never to come back.

That was the night that all sweetbutts were banned from the club house, never to return, at least not while I'm president anyway.

No one had batted an eyelid though, not fazed that their chances of an easy lay where now gone. Everyone knew not to fuck with my Dad and they knew even better not to fuck with his marriage.

I was so close.

As I'd knelt in front of Ember to remove her pants, I'd looked into her eyes, the words on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't make them come out.

Instead id kissed her, hoping that it would tell her how I feel, pouring all of my love and affection into her.

And then I'd made love to her. I hope she knows. I know I'll need to tell her soon but I hope tonight she's seen how much I love her without me speaking the words to her.

I feel Ember shift beside me, holding me tighter as a whimper escapes her lips and a from creases her brow. She's dreaming.

"No, please don't" She whispers, whimpering again. I pull her impossibly closer and wrap my arms around her kissing her forehead

She relaxes in my arms and tries to snuggle even deeper into me. God I love this woman.

I want it all with her, marriage, kids. Hell I'll even get a dog if it makes her happy. The thought of her swollen tummy and my baby inside her, a ring on her finger and my name across her back brings the biggest smile to my face.

And that's how I fall asleep, the happiest man alive.