Chapter 28

Embers POV

Suddenly the front and back door burst open, every member of the Devils Wings Motorcycle club is now standing in my living room, guns drawn, and every one of them is pointed at Pete.

I'm pulled back into a hard chest, Raidens arm is outstretched next to my head with his gun pointed in Pete's face, his hand covers mine on my stomach, where our baby is.

"You should have died all those years ago. You should be dead for what you've done. And mark my words, you fucking will be" Raiden spits

"Fuck off scum, she doesn't want you! She'll always want me and only me! You're no match for the love we share!" Pete shouts, his face red with anger, hands balled into fists and shaking. He's scared, he must be, I'm fucking terrified and the guns aren't even pointed at me!

But I'm safe in Raidens arms, it's the only place I've ever truly felt safe since my Dad died

"I don't love you! You make me sick!" I scream at him

"You will! You're mine, you'll always be mine"

BANG!!

My ears are ringing and Pete is on the floor, I don't understand what just happened, what the fuck just happened??

I stand in complete shock while Pete moans and groans, rolling about on the floor in pain

"I'm sorry, I couldn't listen to him anymore" Wrench says from beside me, he looks furious, as do the rest of them

"Get him the fuck out of here and take him out to the shed. Get a prospect back here to clean this shit up too" Raiden orders

I'm suddenly engulfed in massive arms. Safe arms, Raiden.

"I'm gonna have to go and sort shit out baby" he whispers into the top of my head, I nod reluctantly against him, not wanting him to leave me.

"I want to come. I want to make sure he pays for what he's done" I say, moving my head to look into Raidens eyes. He looks unsure though

Cupping my face with his massive paws he uses his thumbs to stroke across my cheeks "Are you sure baby? It won't be pretty" he says cautiously

I nod, determined "I'm sure. I want, no. I need him to suffer like I did"

Raiden nods and then his lips are on mine in a soft loving kiss, he nudges his nose with mine and kisses across my cheek, down my neck then buries his face into my hair, inhaling deeply.

"We need to talk once everything's finished" he says into my hair making me gulp, why do those words always sound like you've done something wrong and you're in trouble?

"Ok" I whisper

Raiden pulls his head from being buried in my neck and kisses the top of my head, grabs my hand and pulls me out the front door.

We silently make our way across the road to the compound and around to the back, where the shed is.

This is it, this is where it will end. Pete will never be able to hurt me or anyone else ever again and I'm gonna make sure that motherfucker pays!

I want him to hurt like I did and I want the last thing he sees before he dies is how much I hate him, how much I will always hate him and that I never ever loved him.