Chapter 17

Unknown POV

She's beautiful, just as beautiful as I remember. I see her turning her head, looking for something, maybe it's me? Maybe after all these years the connection is still there and she can sense me. I've seen the boy too, she named him Jake. He's a handsome kid, got my brown hair, although mines slightly greyer these days.

I couldn't get close enough to see his eyes. Are they a deep brown like mine? Or a beautiful blue like his mother?

I follow Ember and her friend out of the mall, not too closely but close enough. I drive behind them, back to her house? I hope so. That biker scum had better not be there this time though.

Shes mine and I won't share. I'll kill him if he touches what's mine again. My Ember. My son. My family. I know she loved me once and she will again. I'll make certain of it.

I park a little way away from Embers house and watch as she and her friend climb out of the car, helping each other with their bags. The friend gets back into the car and backs out of the driveway before parking it behind the massive gates on the opposite side of the street.

I go to step out of my car but then notice Ember coming back out of her house and walking across the road. Back to that biker scum.

An angry growl escapes my throat. I must reign myself in. Ember won't want to see me if I'm angry. I'll come back later once I've calmed down and Ember is back at home.

God I've missed her!