Envy

Adrien's POV

I stepped inside the room only to find Mari already there.She turned her head towards the door.

-"Oh hey I hope you don't mind me taking the bed on the right side of the room"

-"No it's fine"-Just then our phones buzzed.I grabbed mines from my back pocket and unlocked it.It was a message from Nino.

Dude wanna go to a park with Alya,Marinette and me-NL

Sure,but can't u just texted one of us instead of separate-AA

Nope.Plus maybe something fun could happen-NL-I could already see him smirking through the other end.

Haha very funny.What time?-AA

At 6pm we'll wait for u and Mari outside the hotel-NL

Kay-AA-I turned my phone off,put it away and went to the left side of the room to unpack glad that Mari was my roommate.

***

Me and Mari were leaving our room to meet Alya and Nino.When we got there I was caught off guard seeing Nathaniel was here as well.

Why is he here?Does he still like Marinette?

I turned around to look at Mari only to find her already talking with Nathaniel.

Nino's POV

The plan is working perfectly.I saw my bud was shocked to see Nate here and I nudged Alya when when I saw the jealousy in his eyes.She smirked.We had called Nathaniel to come with us and asked if he could pretend to have a crush on Dudette.

He said he would since he knew like everyone else in our class expect Marinette of course that Adrien has a crush on Dudette.Like everyone expect Lila and Chloe since they are friends,Nate wanted to see Adrien jealous.It was the perfect plan since Adrien and Marinette were the only people who doesn't know Nathaniel stopped crushing on Marinette the second year of high school.Adrien came up to us.

-"Hey where is the park at?"

-"Not far.Don't worry"-Alya responded.

Adrien's POV

We heard a laughter and we turned around to see Mari laughing along with Nathaniel.They stopped laughing after a few seconds.

-"Are you dudes ready to go?"-We all nodded in response.

-"Then follow us"-Alya and Nino beckoned us.Nathaniel walked besides Mari while I walked behind them watching their every move.It wasn't because I was jealous.Me jealous pfft.

-"We're here"-I looked around for like the first time since we left the hotel.The grass was shiny green and very well trimmed.The flowers were tall,healthy and looked more colorful than ever.

A black cat with electricfing green eyes ran from a water sprinkler and ran across the street over to Mari.She spread her arms and the cat jumped into her arms.She catched it and scratched behind its ears.

-"Poor kitty"-I glared at the cat.

That's MY nickname!

Then she let the cat on the ground.The cat went another way.Away from us and the water sprinkler.

What if she thought of me?Can she really compare me to a cat she just met?Am I feeling jealous for a cat?

I immediately shook the thought off me.I turned to look at Marinette only to find Nathaniel's hand getting closer to her hand.Mari saw me looking at her hand and looked down at it.Her face was a bit shocked.

-"What are you doing Nate?"-I contained myself from smirking.

-"Nothing"-He looked at the sky and then back to Alya and Nino.

-"I have to go I don't want to leave after sunset"-We all said bye to Nathaniel and saw as his silhouette was left.

Chloe's POV

I was with my roommate,Lila.

-"So Lila how are you planning to get to Adrien?

-"First we need him to forget all about Marinette"-She said her name with pure disgust.

-"I already know that.What I meant was how are you going to make him forget about her if it looks like he loves her"-Lila looked at me furious.

-"Never,I mean never say he loves her.The only person he will ever love is me."

What can Lila do to make him fall for her?

-"I have an idea"

-"What is it?"

-"Before they can enter their room,tell Marinette there's an emergency that you can't explain.Then when she's distracted you take her room key lock her in a janitor's closet.After you successed grabbing that room key give it to me and distract Adrien so I get to the room first.Got it?"

-"Yeah"-I thought for a moment.

-"You are going to keep your promise right?"

-"Of course.After I get Adrien I'll make a convincing lie that will make everyone forget the spoiled brat you were.Then you can stop being my friend to everyone else"

-"Good.When are we doing this?"-She gave the most malicious face I've ever seen.

-"Tonight.Now"