Flashes

Adrian's P.O.V.

My head was filled with noises as I could hear my heartbeat racing but the only thing I could see was Eugene's running figure in front of me with Varian's limp body in his arms.

Tears stung my eyes, making my vision blury but for once I didn't care. Stumbling through the hallways, all that mattered was him...

All that mattered was for him to wake up... to smile one more time...

A picture flashed in my mind... more of a memory... it was for just a second but the sunlight felt so warm... the wind felt so soft... and his smile felt so real...

More tears ran down as my heart was torn apart over and over by his flash backs in my mind...

Our chase came to an stop as we reached the white doors of the castle's hospital. Eugene started banging on the door harshly as if he was trying to break it down.

The crashing sound stopped as the door opened to show an angry Galen about to yell. But the doctor stopped midsentence  as he saw the blood soaked body.

-"Put him on the bed!" He demanded moving away from the door.

-"Anthony! Brian! Hurry up it's an emergency!!"

Two young man came running in the room. One of them tried to take Varian from Eugene's embrace.

As I saw him quickly hold the limp body, I felt terrified and heartbroken. It felt like he was a cracked, fragile, glass, ready to be broken at any second.

-"Be Careful!!" I yelled before I realize it. All heads turned over to me beside Dr. Galen's who seemed to be expecting every single move we made.

-" Anthony be more careful. Brian get these ready. Your highness, Adrian, you both leave the room." The doctor demanded without even turning his head.

-"No! I'm not leaving! I can't leave him like this!"

-"Adrian, I know what you mean but you're presence just make the work harder for us." The white haired doctor said, again not turning his head as the young man placed Varian on the bed, leaving to get bandages as the other two continued to mix the medicines.

Eugene puts his hand on my shoulder trying to talk. "Kid I know you're worried but we must let them do the-"

-"NO!" Eugene was cut short by my scream as tears fell down even faster.

-"YOU DON'T GET IT! I-IT WAS MY FAULT!! Al-all of it was my fault... I was so stupid... if something ha-happens to him, i-i..."

My sentence was left on finished as my sobs didn't let any other sound leave my mouth. I fell to my knees with my hands covering my eyes sobbing like a little girl.

When was the last time I cried like this? This loud? This open? When was the last time I let myself whimper like this? I didn't remember. Probably years...

I felt a hand on my shoulder once again.

-"Listen kid, it wasn't your fault. You were just trying to help. I know you want to help him too, but the best thing we can do is to let go for a while. Please come on..."

I looked at his kind brown eyes trying to reassure me.

I just looked down and nodded my head solemnly still sobbing as I stood up trying to walk out.

We left the room and Eugene closed the door behind us. Absent-mindedly, we both sat down and rested our backs against the wall.

Looking to the door in front of me, I could hear the faint sound of their footsteps.

More flash backs came in my vision bluring everything out. Only this time, instead of pictures passing through, it was like reliving a memory. It wasn't just his smile now. He was talking, yelling, laughing...

One minute, he was laughing looking at the purple dust that had just exploded in our faces...

The other minute he was smiling softly at the setting sun...

Then another minute, he was yelling, slaming his hand on the table looking at my father with anger burning in his bright eyes...

The flashes kept going and going... it felt like my head wanted to explode. Everything felt too overwhelming. I grabbed my hair pulling it trying pointlessly to stop  the storm in my mind. And as I thought I couldn't take it anymore, a pair of arms was wrapped around me.

-"It'll be okay... He'll be fine..."

My shocked face melted into a sad one once again as I hugged him back crying my heart out. I could feel his hand stroking my hair as my tears soaked his shoulder.

Suddenly I could hear footsteps again. This time more gentle but more rushed at the same time. As they came closer, queen's voice boomed through the hallways.

-"I just heard what happened! Where is he?? Is he okay?!? Is he-" queen's questions were cut off.

-"Sunshine. He is in the hospital. They are taking care of him. We just have to wait." Euegene told her tightening his grip over me.

After a few seconds I heard her sit down next to us. I still couldn't look up or talk so I just kept crying in his shoulder.

After what seemed like an eternity, we heard the door crack open and shot our heads up to be meet by Dr. Galen.

-"You can come in now."