Mother

Eugene's P.O.V.

"ADRIAN!"

I looked at her scared.

She looked up and smiled shyly and weakly. Her hands were cuffed and bloody. Looking at her I could see a red hand print on her left cheek.

It reminded me of the first time we saw her. Wich made me mad!

Why is she cuffed?! Why there are boold on her wrists?! Why is she arrested?! WHY THERE IS A RED HAND PRINT ON HER CHEEK?!

All of those questions lead me to the source.

I looked at left and glared at Nigel with gritted teeth while others were still in shock to see her like this.

Nigel looked confused and kinda worried when we shouted her name. But at the moment, I didn't care the slightest!

He always bother Rapunzel and put pressure on her! He made the rumor of Varian attacking the prinsess and he would always say he is dangerous! Even now!

And now this?! He had just crossed the line!

-"Let. Her. Go."

I said through gritted teeth with a dark tone.

-"But your ma-"

Befor I could answer, a voice boomed behind me.

-"Enough! I had enough of this! You can't just arrest a girl with no reason! Let her go right now!"

It was shocking to know and hear that, that always soft and happy tone can be this cold and angry.

But I didn't have any problem with it.

I looked back and saw Rapunzel and Varian glaring at Nigel.

I turned my attention torwards Nigel again, glaring as well.

His worried expression turned confident and defensive.

-"With all do respect, your majesty, I have my reasons. I-"

This time Varian cut him off.

-"Your reasons doesn't matter now! We know her! If you don't let her go, I'll do it myself!"

He walked to the gaurds.

-"Stan, give me the key!"

He said sternly.

Stan hesitated for a second but handed the key fastly upon seeing our glares.

Varian got the key and reached for Adrian's wrist slowly, not scaring her any further.

-"I'm so sorry Adrian..."

Adrian shook her head.

-"No, it's not your fault."

She said as Varian unlocked the cuffes.

I looked back at Nigel with a glare.

-"She is right Varian. It's his fault!"

I said while pointing at Nigel.

-"What?! No!"

I looked back in suprised at Adrian. She continiued.

-"That's not what I meant! It's not his fault! He was doing his duty! I should've wait inside. It's my fault."

I frowned in concern.

-"No, Adrian, i-"

I was cut short my hearing the doors bursting open.

I turned around and was met by Fredrick and Arianna. It seemed like that Arianna had opened the door. She looked so worried.

What happened?

Rapunzel asked my question out loud.

-"Mom? What happened? What's wrong?"

Arianna walked in while talking.

-"I heard she went missing I was so worried so I just came to ask yo-"

She suddenly froze in place and stoped talking.

I know Arianna is so nice and kind but it was odd that she was this worried about a girl she haven't seen once.

I suddenly noticed that she stoped when she saw Adrian.

What's wrong again?!

Suddenly she gave a soft smile. With the light of the setting sun, I could see how much Rapunzel looked like her.

-"Oh, you found her?"

Wait a sec! How did she recognized her?! They haven't met before!

Every one excluding Nigel and Fredrick was shocked as well.

Arriana walked torwards Adrian and kneeled before her to be closer to the girl.

-"You must be Adrian."

She said kindly and Adrian nodded shyly and suprised.

Fredrick looked at our suprised faces and laughed a bit.

-"Don't be so suprise! Rosalin was Arinna's dear friend since I can remember. And Adrian look just like her mother!"

He smiled at Adrian too. But we didn't.

Why didn't we told them before?!

We three were scared to talk. We looked at each other and then at the girl.

She looked shocked.

-"M-my..., mother...?"