Friday Part 2 9~11~2020

We're at the park, running around for about 2 hours with a bunch of kids at the park. It was so much fun!

Now we're walking back home. The soccer ball is by our feet and Daddy's basketball is in his hands. We walk home, so tired after running so fast, for such a long time.

"I kept getting cramps," I say.

"Ya, because you haven't ran like that in forever." My father announces.

Wow, he always manages to ruin a moment of joy so quickly.

We kick the soccer ball as it rolls by our feet.

Simon dribbles it slowly and then the ball begins to roll towards daddy's feet.

"Can you get that?" Simon asks him.

"No, you do it." Oh, my Gosh, we've been running for 2 HOURS!

We walk like this for a while until we cross the street, so I pick up the ball. We walk across the road as the the sign counts downs to 0.

"Run, Run, Run!" daddy tells us as he walks like a turtle, so I do the same.
"Put the ball back down," he tells us as we start walking on the crosswalk again. I roll my eyes and do what he says.

At Home

At Home

I'm sitting down with my legs stretched out on a stool.

"You guys are going to make pizza?" he asks but it sounds more like he's stating a fact.

So tired.

I drink some water that's on the kitchen table, and set it down.

"Did you drink this?" Simon asks.

"Ya,"

"That was mine,"

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I say.

"You're so stupid!" he yells, annoyance in his voice.

"I'm sorry," I say and begin to giggle.

"You always do this," he pouts.

"Don't blame her, she's just like her mother," my father says. "... she would always take my cup of water," he says, clearly not a compliment.

My giggles vanish as I try to give him a glare that my dad can notice, but he doesn't, of course.

After a pause, he says,
"Don't call your sister 'stupid'."

You always call us stupid, -I think to myself.-
~~~~~~~

When we finish the pizzas that we made, my dad states that he is still hungry, so he makes another.

As he makes pizza, I get off my dinner chair and move to the living room, where the red lounge chair is. I sit down and extend my legs. My feet hurt like crazy.
My dad reenters the room and sits at the back dining table where we eat our food. He begins to speak, I don't know what about but then he looks at me.

"Come sit over here," my dad says, "Why are you sitting there?"

"My feet hurt," I tell him, with a soft smile. He scoffs.

"I don't care." The smile on my face turns upside down. I glare at him and take my time getting off that chair.

~~~~~~~~

As we eat pizza, my dad starts talking again.

"They have a new principal for your school,"

"Who is it?" Simon and I ask.

"It was the white woman,"

"Oh," we answer. I thought she was okay, but I liked the black woman the best as a candidate for the school.

"Out of all of them, I thought she was the worst," my dad adds.

"Really? I wasn't impressed with the man who was running for candidate," I say.

"I mean, she's like your typical middle-aged woman, who lives alone and has cats," he tells us. "I mean... I think women shouldn't be principles." My eyebrows arch and I stare at him in disgust at that comment.
"No offense," he says, looking at me.

No Offense?! Seriously!?

"They just shouldn't be leaders. Especially if she doesn't have kids. If she has kids, then I'm on board. But people who don't have kids, don't know how to take care of them." my dad goes on.
"If you have kids, then you have a stake in your hands. People without kids, don't care about the future. It's all about Now,"

It's good to think about 'The Now', -I want to say-
And that's not true, people without kids also worry about the future and have responsibilities.

"The mayor before this year's one had 3 kids, now the mayor is a Lesbian with no kids. You're telling me she can run a state?!" Oh my God!

"If this principle has a kid, then I'm okay. Great, I'm on board."

"But she can be nice and have no kids," Simon interjects.

"Ya, I have many friends with no kids and they're nice. But if they tell me what's right for my child, they don't know. I have been a parent for 13 years. They think they know more. I have been a dad to two kids for eleven years."

Ya, and how's that working out for you?

He leaves the room again and my eyes are wide-eyed.

Simon changes his expression to anger. He starts making faces and mouths things. I shake my head and look at Simon. 'Asshole' I mouth. Simon nods.

After I take a shower, I enter the kitchen, all dressed

"Do you want a smoothie?" Daddy asks.

"Ya, sure,"

"Does it make you happy to have a smoothie," he exaggerates the word 'happy' and stares at me. I look away and turn my head towards the counter.

"If it makes you happy," I state, shrugging. He walks out of the room, into the small hallway that leads to the living room and I follow.

"Happiness is not my goal." I stop walking as he continues. My eyes are wide and I turn around, slowly.

"Oh my God," I whisper to myself. I walk back to the kitchen and turn around, looking at daddy as he sits on the couch, playing a video game.