Advisory Emails

After my dad left for work, I told my mom about the incident through a call and she told me not to let that ruin my day and write it all down, which I did, and to talk to the advisory teacher; let her know how I feel and just let it all out.

When I did this I used my personal email instead of my school email, because if I used my school one, my dad could see it through his phone...that's how careful I have to be. 

Fri 1/29/2021 1:52 PM

To: Ms. Rebecca Reed

Hello, it's me Mina I just want to say that the reason why in Advisory I didn't answer is because my father took me out of my room to speak to me. He was telling me to not do my work in my room and to not close the door. I explained I wanted privacy but he didn't listen.  As he was speaking to me I was feeling sad. I wanted to tell him how wrong he was being but I couldn't speak. I did tell him I wanted privacy and that it was my room but it just didn't go to his brain the right way. I began to cry because I was thinking of my mom and how much I missed her and how unfair this is. I was feeling how much I don't deserve this. It's not fair, I thought. ( I still think this)  Sorry for not telling you my highs of the week and my lows of the week.  I wanted to tell you girls but I didn't want my dad to snoop in.  He's not at home right now though.  Thank you for understanding. 

Always, Mina

Fri 1/29/2021 2:02 PM

To: You

Mina, I really do appreciate your email but please do not feel like you have to apologize. It is completely okay that you didn't share your highs and lows. Everyone has the right to pass when it is their turn. Sometime during remote learning, it's really difficult to get privacy while we are at home, so I completely understand. If you would ever like to talk about how you're feeling and how things are going at home, we can always chat!! I'm available through Hangouts, Chat, or email, just like this! I hope that you were able to turn your day around and didn't let that incident ruin the rest of your day! :)

 School Counselor

Fri 1/29/2021 2:06 PM

To: Ms. Rebecca Reed

I was wondering if you have an afterschool program about sharing feelings? 

Fri 1/29/2021 2:10 PM

To: You

So I don't have an afterschool program but Ms. Lily, our social worker, and I wanted to start a group called Rainbows. However, only one parent responded. I emailed your mom about it but she didn't respond yet. She probably didn't see the email. I can give you more information and you can let me know if you'd like to participate :)

 School Counselor

Fri 1/29/2021 2:21 PM

To: Ms. Rebecca Reed

Yes, my brother and I would love to be a part of the program.

Isn't she awesome?!??!?!

Ms.Reed really supports me and I feel like I can tell her this kind of vulnerable stuff.

She helped make these experiences easier to share and has helped me believe that sometimes it is safe to open up to others and not just to my amazing mom.