Sunday

The sun beams through the clouds as we sit on rocks by the water. It started to drizzle and we want to go back in the water, but we're waiting for the gray clouds to leave.  Only a few white clouds cover the sky while the sun comes and goes. Simon and I sit together wrapped in a white towel.

"Let's play Yahtzee," Simon suggests, grabbing the game out of his small backpack.

When we start to play, Simon wears his green shirt and a blue towel while I'm in my bikini and have the two towels on, one white around me shoulders and one purple wrapped around my waist, covering my legs.

As we play it gets colder and the clouds turn darker and darker. The forecast says the clouds should move away in about 10 minutes. We look towards the sky and see a rainbow in the middle of the sky. The wind shifts towards us and the clouds seem to be moving in. 

"We should go," I say putting my Yahtzee paper away as a few drops touch the ground. 

"It'll probably just drizzle," Our dad tells us.

"I'm going," I say as more goosebumps travel down my skin. Our dad looks up to the sky seeing the clouds shifting faster. 

"Well... If we go now, we'll still catch the rain."  Our dad starts putting his things away in his backpack while Simon grabs Yathzee. Rain starts to drizzle on our heads. I try to put my backpack over my towel as the rain keeps getting harder and harder, but it's a struggle.

"We'll go through the tunnel," My dad tells us. Simon starts to get on his bike and goes right.
"Not that way!" Dad yells. Simon doesn't seem to hear and keeps going. "Simon!" My dad yells. "Simon" He tries again. 

My purple towel around my waist slips off.

"Here I'll take it," My dad says, seeing my struggle, "Can you go after him?" He says, frustration clear in his voice. 

Jumping on my bike, I try to go as fast as I can, peddling on the stone path. The rain is pulling on us now, making it even harder to pedal on my already broken bike. Some of the trees cover me up as I ride on the path full of rocks. 

"Simon!" I yell, "Simon!" I yell louder.

"Simon!" My dad joins, behind me. The rain causes a fog ahead of us. The ground tires me as the path begins to get muddy and I'm unable to bike steadily. "I'll go after him," My dad tells me. "I'm going to kill him when I see him," I hear my dad say as he rides away. 

I shiver in the cold wind. If only it was warm. I stop my bike next to a group of people covering themselves with a big blanket. A big tree covers me up.

What if they don't come back for me?  

I wonder, looking at the group of people, they seem happy despite the rain. My lips shiver and I imagine them looking blue. 
I'm scared of what my dad will do to Simon. Poor Simon.

I try to spot my brother's green helmet or an orange backpack. Looking ahead I see some orange. Hope begins to flutter in my chest. Nevermind, they're not coming towards me. 

I look around as some people laugh in the rain and others just walk. Looking down at my feet, I see them covered in dirt and pebbles from the rock path, feeling ugly and suddenly I can't wait to go home.

Looking back up, I see a biker approach me, covered in black.

"Let's go," I hear the man say. (dad)

His black shirt is stuck to his skin. His hair is patted on his head and he's still holding my purple towel.

"Did you find him?"

"Ya," he tells me, clearly very frustrated. The wind slows me down as I bike. I try to move around the puddles on the ground as my bike bounces around the sidewalk. My chain stops for a second.