Wednesday Daddy's House

My dad always has a class online when we arrive, so we are in our room. When my dad's finishes you hear him call out, "Let's go to the park." We don't answer and stay in our room.

"Let's pretend we are asleep," I say while I crumple up in a ball on the floor.

"This is so uncomfortable," my brother groans. "I'm getting a pillow." he leaves the room.

"Ready for tradition?" I hear my dad say.

"Noooooooo!" Simon calls back, running back to our room quickly. Our 'tradition' is going to the park on Wednesday. So he says.

Simon climbs on the bed while I stay put on the ground.                           

"Ready for tradition!" My dad calls. No answer. He enters the room and sees me lying there. "What's wrong?" He asks with no worry on his face. "Where's Simon?" No answer. He leaves. After a while of trying to fall asleep, I give up. I take off my ponytail. 

"Ready to go?" Dad says.

"Ya," I say tiredly, giving up on my plan.

"Let's go!" Simon is still on the bed.

When Simon gets down from the bed, he goes to my dad

"Let's go," Dad says with his phone in his hand, looking down.

"I don't want to," he states.

"Let's go," I say, giving up the arguing.

"I don't want to," My brother tries to say louder but dad doesn't seem to hear. We walk out of the house, to the balcony. I sit on the cushion bench and stare off to nothing.

When my dad finally does comes outside he says to Simon.

"You have to change your attitude,"

"Okay." Simon looks everywhere but my dad's face.

My brother and I walk making weird sound and signals. My brother snorts and puts his index fingers to his nose. I know immediately what that means. 'dad stinks' My dad is in front of us, wearing blue shades. His smell is sweat and oil, Mixed together- Disgusting.
A physical trainer who doesn't wear deodorant, apparently his morals are against smelling good.

I walk a little ahead and my brother's behind my dad. Simon snorts causing me to laugh.

"Do you understand what I'm saying?" Simon asks walking next to me.

"Yep,"

"Show me,"

"My reaction was a laugh," I say still laughing.

When we are at the park we play our usual game of the stealing the football game. I take a break and sit on the seesaw. My dad walks toward the other end and sits down, causing it go up. Simon sits on my side making the seesaw bounce a little. We play catch while we swing back and forth. The ball falls to the ground. I get off and reach for the ball. It takes me awhile to walk back to the seesaw,(only because I'm taking my time.) I throw the ball to Simon and he throws it to our dad. Dad is on his phone, so it hits him. Simon laughs and I snort. We had no idea he wasn't paying attention. His face turns red.