Thursday

We are at the beach! Simon is lying down, covering his face from the sun. My dad is on his side with his phone in hand, and I'm standing up.

"Ahhh." I plop down on my towel. I have my belly on the towel with my elbows up. My eyes go to a big group of mostly girls ( some boys), listening to music. The girls are dancing and some are twerking, making their butts shake like crazy. I chuckle, they look like they're having fun. I look at my dad and he realizes what I was laughing about.

"Don't look at that," he commands.

"I wasn't," I state, looking away. I flip myself so my belly is facing the sun.

"That's gross," My dad states.

"They're just dancing," I answer.

"What's gross?" Simon chimes in.

"That they are twerking," I state.

"People who do that, don't care about themselves," Dad states causing my face to turn into disgust.

"That's not true," I interject.

"Excuse me... They're shaking their butts in public. That's disrespectful,"

"Okay," Is all I say. "How do they not care about themselves?" I add after a while.

"If they treat themselves like that, then men will too," he states, "Don't do that," he adds. But he doesn't know how much of a BadAss I am. I look away and stare at the sun. God, help me. I look away and see the moon. I know he's a crazy man, can you please help. I mentally shake my head at my father's words.

Simon and I, are standing next to our broken tartaria (sandcastle) that we made,  while our dad is in the water far away

Simon and I, are standing next to our broken tartaria (sandcastle) that we made, while our dad is in the water far away.

"That's not true, what he was saying about those girls," I state, looking towards the girls who are now in the water.

"I know." Simon shakes his head.

"He doesn't know why the girls are twerking. He isn't those girls," I say angrily, "They're dancing," I start to move to the sound of the music, I can't help myself. "They're just having fun," I continue.

"And why was he even whispering?" Simon asks inquisitively and I smile.