Thursday

A Day of Fun in the waves by the walk side.

 We're playing Yahtzee now. The game is on the carpet while dad leans against the couch, Simon sits on the other side of Dad and I. 

"Stop what you guys are doing. Listen to me," Dad tells us as Simon is about to roll. 

"Back in the day. These German women would grow their hair very long and this gave them a connection to outer worlds,"

"Cool," I say. Why is he telling this to us?

"So you should grow your hair long," he says, nodding to me,"Even if I want Simon to cut his hair, it will give him more connection."

This is weird? 

"Now women are cutting their hair, for feminist reasons."

Oh, this is why you're talking about this.

As we play, I begin to grow tired. Simon helps me to choose what to play with my roll while my dad stares at his phone.
My head is leaning on my folded hands with my belly faces the carpet.

"You could..." Simon starts to suggest with his fingers on the dice.

"Don't touch the dice," Dad interjects, looking up from his phone, as if he had a power that sensed my brother was doing something 'wrong'.

"I know...I was just helping her," he tells him.

"It's not your turn, you can mess her up."

But when I do that to Dad's turn, he doesn't care.

~~~~~~~~

The game finished, we go to our room to change. Simon walks into the closet to put the game away and I finish changing into my pj's and then I face him. I walk towards the closet and hug him.

"It's okay," I tell him. My arms around his shoulders and his at my waist.

"He always does it to me," he tells me. I let him hug me for as long as he wants until we break apart.

"I love you," I say and kiss his cheek. We walk together to the bathroom and I grab the toothpaste while he grabs the brushes. I close the door behind us. Simon stares in the mirror, the mirror is able to close up and open on 3 sides. 

"Woo...I love this mirror." he smiles and makes weird faces.

"Simon..." I whisper and tap him. "Listen,"

"Speak," He says, stopping me from tapping me, still looking at the mirror.

I roll my eyes and speak, "You know when he said how feminist's cut their hair."

"Ya," he says.

"It's not true. They cut their hair cause they want to and can," I say.

"Exactly," he answers, "Even if it might look ugly to daddy, they can do it anyway," He says turning around. I smile and start brushing my teeth.