chapter 23

We were preparing dinner for us and everyone. Tom attempted to talk to me but I cut it off.

Maddie was with Lily . So I will have dinner with James on my lap.

I sat across Tom. I placed James on my lap and started to take food in my plate.

Everyone started gossiping except Tom and I. I felt his gaze upon me.

I was eating happily when suddenly James called me.

"Mum" he said and suddenly all the attention was over us with a few 'awws' coming from Emma and Sarah.

I stuffed some broccolis in my mouth even I knew everyone was watching us.

"Mum" he called again.

"Yes hun?" I replied

"Dada" I froze. Like really James? Right now? In front of everyone? Everyone went silent and I ignored Tom's eyes which were almost piercing me.

"What dada? Let's go, lemme feed you"I said as I stood up and took James in my arms.

"Sorry, excuse me"I faked a smile and everyone nodded and I left.

I went up and went inside my room. I saw Lily fell asleep with Maddie beside, thinking about something. Maybe about the current situation.

"What's up Lissy?", She asked as she took James in her arms.

"The little one messed up everything" I pointed at James.

"What did he do?"

"He called dada in front of everyone"

"What the fuck bro" she looked at him and I laughed, I don't know why.

Later that night, Maddie left my room, James went to sleep as well. I was left alone.

I looked at James as he got all the features of his dad. His eyes , His cheekbones, his hair. His thin lips , everything.

I went to my wardrobe and opened the unopened drawer that had been unopened for about an year.

I opened it only to see the necklace he gave me. I still kept it with me. I don't know why.

-------------------------------------------------------------

We woke up early the next morning. Maybe because I didn't sleep. Knowing that your fake lover is in your house, who can sleep.

We went down with James and Lily in my arms. Dad took Lily but this time dad handed James to Tom. Ughh.

I ignored and started eating.

I was looking at Tom and James. How happy they look. That's it. That's what I always wanted to see. But I will never get to see it again maybe.

I was looking at James when he talked "Dada" he said looking at Tom. Little bitch.

Tom looked at me but he already caught me looking.

"Mum" James called looking at me.

"Yes?"I replied.

He looked back to Tom and said "dada". I rolled my eyes.

A few awws came from everyone.

"I guess he liked you. He is always scared of people with beard but I guess he's liking you Tom"dad chuckled. Like really. Tom smiled at me and I ignored it.

The day was a total hectic.

I was going to my room for a shower after I handed them to my monkeys when suddenly someone snatched me into my own room and locked the door.