Chapter 15

Another day, another random act of chaos committed by this little demon.

Having Nightmare around was definitely making my life a little more interesting.. Why the fuck did I do this to myself. Now I'm stuck with him till I die.

He was currently asleep at the moment in his cage, I made sure to lock him inside so he wouldn't cause more chaos while I was cleaning. Im pretty sure that cage is magic proof.. I can't quite remember..

At the moment I was trying to scrub off all of the slime stuff from the cutlery.

God this shit was resilient..

After I finished the last of the cutlery, I began to clean the rest of the house..

Yeah you heard me right, this little shit got his slime EVERYWHERE.

It took ages to get all that shit cleaned!!

Flopping down my exhausted body onto the now clean couch, I let out a sigh of relief.

I decided to call Raine.

Of course, she had picked up immediately, as always.

"Hey Y/N!! God, It feels like forever since you last called me!! What's up?"

I rolled my eyes at her jollity

"Heyy Raine.. I was just wondering if you wanted to babysit my precious little demon" I asked, praying to god she would say yes.

"o..oh.. uhm, yeaaah I don't think I'm free at the moments.. sorry Y/N.." She replied, trying to decline as politely as possible.

"Raine I will pay you, please.. I need to go to work and I can't bring him.."

"Fine! Ill take him! But only till you get back from work!" She caved in quickly. Raine was always a people pleaser, she doesn't like hurting people's feelings. Well, I mean that's why I called her.

And no I'm not "using" her or anything.. I'm just getting her to do things for me without giving her anything in return!

Okay.. Well.. Perhaps I am using her, but that's her fault for not leaving me!

"Oh my god thank you, Raine.. I owe you one, I promise!"

Ha. I lied.

"Yeah, okay, just bring him around in like 20 minutes or so, my parents are leaving soon."

"Fine, I'll just have to be a little late to work."

Honestly, I don't think I could keep coming late to work for much longer, I'm bound to get fired sooner or later..

I hung up; no goodbyes were really needed. It's not like I really care about her enough to say goodbye anyway.

I started to get ready for work, and ooh boy time flew quickly, and before I knew it I was meant to leave.

At this rate, I would be late to Raine's and even later to work! I really am shit at keeping track of time..

Rushing into my room to grab Nightmares cage, I was relieved to see that Nightmare was still in his cage still and nothing was broken.

"Hey Nightmare, I know you're not asleep." I started.

"I'm taking you to Raine's house, you know that annoying chick that was stuck to me? Yeah you're going back to her until I get back from work"

"And I give you complete permission to annoy the absolute shit out of her, okay? Just don't go killing anyone."

I knew he was listening to me; he just didn't want to respond I guess..

And HOLY CRAP, THAT WAS SO FUCKING NERVE RACKING. It's so hard being confident around him.. eheheh... But I at least need to show him I'm not scared! Even though I am terrified of what he's capable of..

Picking up his cage, I rushed out to the car and to Raines house. There wasn't enough time for conversation, so I pretty much rang the doorbell, shoved the cage in her face and raced off to work. Of course, yelling a good luck out the window because she is going to need it so bad..

Zooming into the parking lot, I grabbed one of my many, MANY extra uniforms from the boot and booked it inside.

See this is why everyone should have extra work uniforms. Mine wasn't that expensive and now I don't need to worry about running late with no uniform. (okay maybe they were a little overpriced for Target uniforms but shut up okay?)

"Y/N!! Where the hell were you!?!?" Jason yelled, running over to me.

"Sorry I was running late again! I had to drop off Nightmare to Raines house.." I explained.

"Well, that excuse better be good enough to keep the boss from tearing this place down, all he's doing is leaving a trail of destruction behind him everywhere he goes.." Jason answered, looking left and right for any signs of danger.

"Oh shit, did he have another bad morning?" I asked, mildly terrified.

"You have no idea.."

"Well, we're in for some deep shit today.." I stated, speed walking towards the staff room. Jason followed behind swiftly, continuously checking every direction.

Our boss sometimes has these bad mornings and gives us a load of shit for it. We get told off a lot on days like this, but thankfully he always makes it up for us the next day with some sort of gift.

Honestly, I don't know if it's worth the gift though.. We have to go through so many hours of lectures, and even harder work just to get rewarded slightly better than usual? I would rather buy myself a gift..

Cautiously walking through the staff room towards the bathroom, Jason kept an eye on the doors as I went to go change.

I could hear the yells and stomps getting closer. Jason rushed towards the sound to lock the doors but was smacked in the face by it instead.

And on the other side of the now broken Jason shaped door, was our cranky ass boss.

"O-OH! HI BOSS..!!" I yelled, extremely nervous.

"Y/N L/N, CARE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY YOU ARE NOT IN YOUR UNIFORM?" He yelled, slamming his coffee cup onto the table, creating a loud thud.

"I-I was running late sir!! I greatly apologise and will get right to work!!" I apologised. Jason watched from a distance, mouthing the words 'SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT' to me.

Oh, shit indeed Jason. Oooooh shit..

"You better get your ass into those clothes Y/N BEFORE I FIRE YOU THIS SECOND!! GOT IT?!!?"

"YES SIR! RIGHT AWAY SIR!" I answered, straightening my back, and rushing into the bathrooms.

Published 12th January 2021 6:43 pm