Chapter 12

Oh my god I am such an idiot..

I awkwardly sat back down on the bus seats, my knees tapping together as I started to sweat.

I had already missed a couple stops and whenever I looked out the foggy windows, I had no idea where on earth I was.

Oh, I am SUCH AN IDIOT! WHY DIDN'T I CHECK IF IT WAS THE RIGHT BUS OR NOT??

Having Nightmares cage placed on my lap, I dropped my head onto the top, groaning at my own stupidity.

The speed of the bus slowed, turning to the sidewalk. Taking hold of the handle on top of the cage, I scooted over to the side of my seat, preparing myself to get off.

I said my thanks to the driver and hopped of, letting out an anxious sigh.

Once the bus drove off, I looked over to the other side of the road.

"Well.. where the fuck are we now..??" I said awkwardly, trying to talk with Nightmare.

He obviously ignored me, remaining silent. What was he even doing in there??

I decided not to check in fear of being stabbed.

Checking the time on my phone, it was already way too late to make it to work. If I got in now I would still be in trouble..

Unlocking my phone, I opened my contacts and called my boss. Holding the phone up to my ear I waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?" She greeted.

"Hi miss, Its Y/N..." I replied

"Oh, hi Y/N! are you calling for your absence?"

"Yes ma'am.. I've had a couple difficulties and im a bit too far away from work at the moment." I started, clearing my throat before I continued.

"I was at a friend's house getting help with something and caught the wrong bus on accident, I don't know where I am at the moment and I don't think ill make it at all today." I finished, nervous she would get mad at me

"I see..."

"Oh well, I'll see if I can call someone in to fill your spot for today." She answered.

I let out a sigh of relief, trying to be quiet.

"Thank you ma'am." I added.

"Its fine Y/N." She said before hanging up.

I let out a relieved sigh, my arm sliding under my hair then pulling it away from my sweaty neck.

Taking a look around me again, I found a round a bout in the distance. Walking towards it, I followed the signs in hopes I could find a main road or shopping area.

Every house looked the same in these areas, only minor differences on each plot. Although I could still find my way around, it was still confusing.

Hearing the many cars driving and honking in the distance, I followed the sound, coming across a main road as hoped.

Well, we found a main road, now where the fuck do I go..??

I looked around for a place I could take a rest, noticing a market in a nearby park. I crossed the road.

I didn't really buy anything; I just took a seat on a grassy hill and went on my phone.

Opening maps, I typed in my address, seeing that I was quite a far away from home.

35 MINUTE WALK!?!?! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME..!!

Okay, yeah, maaaaaybe I overreacted a bit, but still, you gotta understand, 35 minutes is a long ass walk..

I groaned, standing up as I wiped all the grass stuck to my pants off.

Checking to see if Nightmare was still in his cage (which he was) I picked him up and left.

Even though I said I wasn't going to buy anything, I may have bought one small thing on my why out. I tried but you have no clue how hard it is to not buy caramelised peanuts, those little tasty shits are just too good.

Starting my venture back home, I untied my bag of peanuts and began munching on them. Fuck these are so god damn good...

After a while, things started to look more familiar, making me feel calmer when having to navigate myself around.

My phone battery began to die, going flat halfway through directing me. It was fine though; I have my memory to help me

Yeah im not gonna last long..

I would just take a cab home but i would be able to pay cause of that fucking bus.. Even then if I did have money, I would just be wasting it. We all know that cabs use their maps to get a path to your destination that's longer, they just want more money! It's a total scam.

Plus, on the bright side, it's a relatively nice day, and as much as I hate walking, this was good exercise for me, I really don't get out often..

My mind began to wander as to what I would do when I get home. I would take a nap because I am completely exhausted, but I needed to secure Nightmare first and make sure there's nothing he could do to escape.

Then there was my dad, he around this time should be waking up to eat. He usually gets up from sleeping when he's hungry.

Since he has a night job, it's like when you wake up in the middle of the night with the munchies. Except its daytime.

Now I better bet my paper flat ass that when I get home my dad isn't going to be awake eating all the food in the house, because one, I'm going to be extremely pissed if he eats my Oreos... And two, he's gonna see Nightmare, and even though he'll probably be half asleep and not understand I can't risk it.

All I can really do is to hope that he's either not awake, already woken up, or I can sneak Nightmare past him.

But what's an even bigger problem is that if Nightmare finds out that he can't be seen than im going to be in some tricky shit..

What the fuck have I gotten myself into..

Published 23th September 2020 8:51 pm