Chapter 10

After around five minutes or so Raine continued searching throughout her room as I gave up, falling back onto the pile of plushies I has made.

"Don't give up yet Y/N! He has to be around here somewhere!" Raine encouraged, I instantly faded from the conversation, acting as if she didn't say anything.

"Just let him go, I don't feel bothered enough to find him right now.." I responded, pulling the cap over my face to shield my eyes from Raine's bedroom light.

"Okay! I'll just have to bother you then!" she revealed.

"Wait what-"

Just then Raine took in a deep breath, making a huge gasp. She held it for a second before letting out a long obnoxious siren noise. The sounds of her voice never ending irritated every part of me. She sounded like a child imitating a police siren. No, she is a child imitating a police siren.

I let out a low growl, tearing that hat off my face.

"Fine! Just shut the hell up!!" I screamed, giving her a distasteful glare. She gave me a smirk, showing off her success.

"Great! Now let's get back to work!" She declared. I sighed, dangling my arms down, not having the strength to move.

"Okay.. Now where is he-" I stopped my sentence. After just tipping my head up by the slightest amount, I had seen exactly where he was. He stared at me directly in the eyes. He was hidden on the top of Raine's bookshelf. The bookshelf was a little higher than I was. Though still being able to reach the top easily, I needed to think this through. He wasn't an idiot, if I went straight for him then he would just dash the other way.

I could still see Raine out the corner of my eye, she seemed distracted checking everywhere else. Good. If she saw me staring at him I would have no doubt in my mind that she would jump straight for him. I needed to think of something quick. I saw Raine stop. Damn, she saw him..

"I..It's okay Y/N, I have something in the other room that can help get him down..." She mumbled. She has a plan..? That's a first. Usually she just jumps straight into things.. But what on earth could she have that could help in another roo-

"Raine! No! THE DOOR!!" I yelled, Raine flinched and turned to me in shock as Nightmare dashed out the door.

"O-OH NO!" She stuttered, chasing after him. I face palmed.

"This fucking idiot.."

"Lets just find him quickly, okay??" I ordered, Raine nodded in approval as we searched the house. As soon as we made it down the hallway, I sprinted towards the doors and windows, slamming all of them shut immediately. I could hear Raine's mum with the leaf blower out the back yard. Good, she's busy.

Raine and I caught sight of him in the kitchen, she dashed in as I kept my distance. But by the time we both got there, he was gone.

"He must've snuck out and went into a different room." I stated, Raine gave a sad look. With Blue now awake, Raine noticed and placed him on the kitchen counter. She tried to explain what was happening, but he was still too tired to understand fully.

"Raine, what the fuck are you doing..?? We have a bitty to catch." I reminded, my hands on my hips. Was she even taking this seriously?

"Language Y/N." She stated, coming back to my side. I rolled my eyes.

We both spent the next 10 minutes or so chasing after him. We must've looked ridiculous in his eyes. Although I felt like passing out after the first three minutes, I kept going. Meaning? I can't move anymore. Raine was tired from all the searching in general.

The only sound we could hear was our own exhausted breaths, but then again that was overtaken by Raine's mum outside. But not long after, it all went silent. My heart started racing a little faster. Raine mum fiddled around with the doorknob, trying to come back inside.

I glanced over at Raine, she looked worried. It hasn't even been a day and its already over.. At this point I was just about to give up. Hearing the sound of jangling keys.

But just at the last second, I saw Nightmare hiding around the corner glaring at Raine. Since she was the closest he must be keeping all eyes on her to make sure she wouldn't get him. Raine noticed I was about to get up, not knowing that Nightmare was nearby. Raine followed my lead, getting ready to stand up herself. Nightmare backed up, turning around to leave. I took this as my opportunity to strike. I jumped across the room; arms reached out as I got hold of him last second.

Just as Raine and I were about to celebrate our small victory. We heard the door open. I flinched, shoving Nightmare into the pockets of my hoodie

"What are you kids up too..?" Raine's mum asked, a small laugh following her question.

"We just came down so I could come get my phone!" Raine lied, pulling her phone out of her pocket. Her mum seemed suspicious, knowing that she was lying. Thank god she didn't decide to push her further because we wouldn't be able to hide it then.

Just as we were about to leave and go back to Raines room, Nightmare bit down on my hand as hard as possible. I let out a small gasp, trying to hold back my reaction.

"You alright Y/N..?" Raine's mum asked, Raine looked down at my pockets knowing that something was up.

"N-Nothing to worry about! Just... Cramps!! Yeah.. I've got c-cramps at the moment.."

She went wide eyed, Raine signalled that we should be heading back soon.

"Oh, that's no good, I'll go make you some tea. We have some spare supplies in the bathroom if you need anything." She offered; my face flushed a light red. God this is so embarrassing..

"Thanks, but I'm about to head home soon." I replied, my voice shaking. Once I was done talking, Raine and I turned around and went straight to her room.

Raine locked the door behind us as I placed Nightmare back in his cage, locking it instantly.

"Well that happened..."

Published 5th August 2020 7:30 pm