Chapter 3

You're standing in front of Namjoon's apartment door, having a mental battle with yourself about whether asking to borrow some of his clothes is really such a good idea.

Namjoon isn't dumb. He'd see right through any lie you would tell him, but telling him the truth would also rise more questions, which you are not willing to answer. Nor would you know how to.

You could hear him already. "Why do you need to borrow some of my clothes? What, is your boyfriend being greedy and not giving you his jacket to sleep with?" Not like you had one anyway...

Or better yet, "You want my clothes? Then you're going to have to come in and get them, or... you can just take the ones I'm currently wearing. They already smell like me."

Yeah, that last one seems the most realistic. Namjoon and his perverted ass would definitely say something like that. That's the whole reason why you never talk to him for more than a few minutes at a time, because any longer, and he ended up explicitly hitting on you.

Faced with only two options, either returning and dealing with that naked stranger as is or risk being flirted with by the playboy next door, you muster up the courage to raise a hand and rap your knuckles on the front door.

Seconds later, it's swung open and your neighbor's eyes land on you in surprise, but the look he gives you immediately changes as he rests an arm on the door frame, leveled with his dimpled smirk.

His hair is swept up, revealing a sun-kissed forehead. He tucks his bottom lip in between his teeth, giving you a quick, but not unnoticeable, once-over.

You roll your eyes, already regretting your decision.

"Finally taking me up on my offer?" Namjoon leans his figure towards you. "Told you that you would only be able to resist for so long before you said yes."

You scoff. "The answer is still no."

Even with another rejection, his expression doesn't change. "For now," he pauses, raising a brow in challenge. "So what do you need then?"

Sighing, you don't look away as you ask, "I need to borrow some of your clothes."

Okay, so maybe that isn't a question, but even if it is you don't think he would give them to you unless it's a demand. He's probably into that kind of kinky shit.

"Which ones?" He glances down at the white t-shirt and black pants he's currently wearing. "Because I'm willing to strip down just for you."

Damn, even you have to admit that's smooth, and it sounds so tempting to see what lay underneath, but then that would be like admitting defeat. You certainly aren't going to give in just like that.

"Preferably ones that have been recently washed." The less they smell like him, the better.

Namjoon widens the door, and you're afraid he's going to motion you to come in. Thankfully, he doesn't. He leaves you by the door and returns with another white tee and grey joggers in hand. He gives them to you with a wink. "Keep them."

Then he shuts the door in your face, and you're hit with confusion. For a playboy, he certainly has some weird tactics at trying to get you to give in and sleep with him. Whatever his plan truly is, he isn't going to get any action from you.

You turn away and head back to your apartment. Once inside, you keep your eyes up to avoid any more unnecessary discomfort.

Lucky for you, the man is right where you left him, so you are quick to hide his lower half with the clothes in your hands.

"Here." You push the shirt and joggers in his direction. "You can wear these for now."

He shoots you a small smile of appreciation. "Thank you."

Grabbing the clothes, his fingers brush against yours, and you can't help the sensation that tingles on your skin. You momentarily forget how the clothing, that was shielding your vision, is no longer hindering anything. You quickly lift your eyes to the ceiling when you realize that.

The man doesn't move from where he stands. He tugs on the clothes right in front of you rather than going to another room to change. When he's done, he clears his throat, letting you know he's no longer butt-naked.

Safe enough to look, you meet his gaze. You're taken aback by how dark his eyes are, yet how full of light they seem to be as they reflect the sun shining through the windows beside you. You're starting to notice that everything about him makes you all the more intrigued. You wonder exactly why that is. Is it because you drew him?

How old is he really? Like he's only existed for one day, yet he looks well in his 20s. Is it possible for him to age? Being a drawing and all.

How did he even come to life? Now that's the question you desperately need to be answered, but seeing as the man didn't have some of the basic knowledge required of people his age, if he is indeed in his 20s, it doesn't seem like he would know why he's practically human and not some sketch you drew in your notepad.

You're distracted from your thoughts when the man outstretches a hand to you. Glancing, you warily envelope it in your own, and he softly shakes.

"I didn't get to introduce myself." He pulls back to rest his arm at his sides. "I'm Jeon Jungkook. The man from your dreams."

It takes you a hot minute to make the distinction that he said 'from' and not 'of'. Then again, is there really much of a difference between the two. Either way, it all really does feel like a dream, except it isn't.

And that's all the confirmation you need to prove your assumption that, indeed, Jeon Jungkook is the man of your dreams.

note: hi! i'm really sorry for taking so long to update this 😭 i had to delete tiktok, and it kind of dampened my mood, but i am back, and hopefully will be updating more frequently as i won't be using tiktok anymore 😔 i'm sorry for all of y'all that were reading on there, but thank you for all the support i've gotten on here! like, damn! over 200 reads?! thank you so much!!!!