Chapter 6

"This is so cool!" Jungkook exclaims, eyeing the taxi that pulled up beside you on the side of the street.

It's just an old car painted in an ugly yellow, but Jungkook stares at it in awe, as if it's the best thing he has ever seen in his entire life.

"In your dreams, we just appeared wherever you wanted, but to travel by car... I'm excited!"

He looks over his shoulder at you. A smile widens on his face, bunny-like teeth peer out from his parted lips. He's just like a child. Except, he's taller and filled out. Still, you find his behavior endearing.

You breathe a laugh and walk past him to open the door, sliding in on the seat once you do. Glancing up at him, you motion him to follow, and he does so happily, closing the door once he's placed next to you. You can clearly see the vibrancy in his eyes, an earthy color flecked in gold.

When the car begins to move, the first thing Jungkook looks at is you, not out the windows where the outside world blurs. His gaze is trained on you, the smile never leaves his lips. You feel it again - the flutter in your stomach - and you can't help but smile back at him.

"If you think this is fun, wait until we take the train somewhere." Without thinking, you lift a hand and ruffle his golden locks. He's just too adorable.

The rest of the ride is silent, but it isn't unbearable. The atmosphere is light and youthful, it's all good things not yet tainted by the world. It's a nice change from what you're used to.

You decide not to dwell on it as the taxi temporarily parks to drop you and Jungkook off at the thrift store. Its a little rundown, but it's more welcoming than going to Wal-Mart.

Soon enough, you're neck deep in the men's section, shifting through various jeans with Jungkook beside you. You pull out a distressed pair and place them in front of the joggers Jungkook is wearing. It's a bit difficult to tell his size, and you have to keep your gaze from lingering at what's between his legs. Those joggers are so damn tight. You need to get him out of them soon for your sake.

You think the jeans will fit, but you grab a smaller and bigger size just in case they don't. You hand six different pairs to Jungkook, and then head to the shirts a row down.

Jungkook has yet to say anything. He's just been trailing behind you as you search, and you're quite okay with it. The one time you went shopping with your older brother, Yoongi, he had complained the whole time, nagging you to go home so he could take a nap. You swear he was a rock in his past life. The little booger never moved or did much aside from sleep. It was a surprise he could even pay the bills.

Shopping with Jeongguk isn't as annoying. It's actually kind of nice. You like it even more when he says he likes the loose-fitted tee with a cluster of four small circles on one of the sleeves that you pull out. Finally, a good shopping companion.

Once you gathered a small collection of clothing, including a few pairs of plain, black boxer briefs, you send him into the dressing room and wait outside for him to show you after he tries an outfit on.

The first one he comes out in is some metal grey cargo pants matched with a cream sweater that hangs off his shoulders. It's a bit big and hides his built frame, but he surprisingly pulls it off. With every outfit he tries on and shows you, you realize he makes them all look good. He's making it hard not to like him.

When he's done and comes back out wearing the white tee and joggers again, he glimpses down at you with wide eyes. "I didn't know there were so many different styles."

He smiles again. "In your dreams, most of the time, I'm barely wearing anything." You quickly shush him, hoping no one close by hears what he said.

"What?" Jungkook looks at you in question. "I'm not wrong. Half the time I swear I'm only in a towel, and that's when you're not with me in the shower." You feel your cheeks warm at his comment. Shit, you were hoping he'd forgotten all about that.

"Kook, I can explain," you start saying in defense, but he cuts you off.

"Is that a thing you humans do often?" He purses his lips in thought. "Because I have to say, I don't see the appeal." Without any shame, he pulls the hem of his shirt up to his pecs, glancing at the rippled skin on his abdomen and wonders, "Like, what's there to see?"

He looks back up at you, and you gulp. He's making it really difficult to remain calm right when he's gifting you with his mouth-watering six-pack. It's even worse because you have a thing for fit guys. Gah, why couldn't you be like Yoongi and like lanky men? It would be so much easier to pull Jungkook's shirt back down, but all you can do is stare.

Wait, that's not a six-pack. You notice two more dips. They're smaller but still there. What the hell... Your jaw unintentionally drops. You're quick to close it when you hear gasps to the left of you. You break your gaze to see a couple of girls ogling Jungkook. You do the only thing you can and shove Jungkook to the checkout. He drops his shirt in response.

"Hey, what was that fo-" You don't let him finish as you tug him behind you, making your way to the register, which is thankfully very much empty. You hurry to pay for all the items of clothing, forgetting that you weren't going to buy them all, and once you're handed the receipt, you pull him out of the store in a flash.

"Y/N, what's going on?" When you don't answer, he adds, "Was it something I said?"

You know more than ever that the only things Jungkook knows about the world is what has happened in your dreams, and your dreams don't resemble all real life occurrences.

Not even close.

note: i don't know what this update is lol but i hope it's not too rushed. omg just wait till when y/n goes back to work. that's going to cause so much more drama 🙃 i introduce yoongi, y/n's brother. we won't get to see him too much until later on, but i hope y'all are okay with lgtbq+ themes, because it will be mentioned.