Chapter 35

"This is such a dumb plan," Yoongi sighs with a shake of his head. He sits there on Namjoon's couch with Taehyung next to him.

"We don't know exactly what we're up against," Namjoon further explains.

I know he doesn't like it anymore than my brother does, and I want to back him up, but even I have to agree, running away won't fix anything.

"Joon," I call to him, placing a hand on his. He's seated at the edge of the coffee table, leaning towards me from where I am on the recliner. "He's going to find us one way or another. We should stay. Fight."

Namjoon flips his hand around to intertwine our fingers. His grip pulses, tightening and loosening. He's worried. Not just about the people we care for, but for me. He doesn't want to lose me. Not again.

"Please, Joon. Ignoring it before didn't change anything. We need to put an end to this." Even as I say it, I'm still frightened, but we're back where we were when Jungkook had truly been alive.

Now that he's in some reincarnated form of a drawing of mine, it's all returned to that nightmare we all had forgotten once Jungkook died. I can't go through that again. I hate not remembering everything. The memories that resurfaced every time I put myself in a similar predicament aren't enough, but the feelings are there. That betrayal, my broken heart, finding refuge in Namjoon.

Up until recently, it had been a distant pull but they've settled. It's all I can really rely on to know that all of this isn't just some horrible dream I can wake up from.

Namjoon exhales with a huff, giving into my pleas. "Okay, we'll stay. I'm not even sure how we should defend ourselves, but you're right. Running away solves nothing. It - they - will just keep finding us."

Taehyung readily nods his head. "I'm sure we can find something on the web. Anything to give us some sort of leverage. There's a ton of lore on demons. There has to be some truth to the stories."

We all turn our heads to look at Taehyung as if there's suddenly two of him sitting there.

"What?" He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't why you all are so surprised. I am an artist. I've seen more depictions of Hell than the average person."

Yoongi averts his gaze to me and Joon's clasped hands. "I guess it's settled then. We research and find all we can about incubi. Aside from the obvious, of course."

"We should focus on how they can be killed," I add onto without a second thought.

"I'm not against murder, but," Namjoon pauses, studying me carefully, "are you sure that's what you want?"

"They wouldn't hesitate to do it to us," Yoongi chimes in. "I'm with Y/n. If one of us has to die, I'd prefer it if it were the guy who wants to fuck my sister."

A blush creeps up my neck to my cheeks, and Namjoon awkwardly clears his throat.

"Just because we don't say it aloud doesn't mean it's not what he's trying to do." Yoongi's expression hardens. His lips purse into a thin line, eyes narrowed into slits. "There's no fucking way I'll let him lay his hands on her."

"He'll have to get through us first," Namjoon adds on. "I'll do whatever I have to do to keep your sister safe."

"Ditto," Taehyung agrees.

×××××××

"Are we ready?" Namjoon asks all three of us.

We're currently locked in his bedroom, the only space we deem safe enough for us to be in. There are only two exits. The fire scape outside the single, tall window and the door boarded shut.