Chapter 18

When you come to, your dream fissures into darkness, but a smidge of brightness peeks through your closed eyelids, which are blocking the rest of light from above you. You're apprehensive about whether you want to open your eyes or not.

The last thing you remember was sitting across from your boss and having an unconventional heart-to-heart. That was before you blacked out, when your head felt like it was being hammered into and everything in sight was a blazing sapphire.

Actually, that's a lie. You're reminded of what you dreamt about while you were unconscious, but it was so vivid, like it had actually happened at some point in your life. You don't recall the memory, at least not until now. It's as transparent as glass, except for the few smears of dirt on the outer corners. There are certain details that remain unclear.

"Y/n, I know you're awake. I saw your finger twitch."

Yoongi?

Your eyelids snap open only to be temporarily blinded by the light. Grimacing, you squeeze them shut again. Shit, it's too fucking bright.

"You've been knocked out for almost ten hours. Don't strain yourself," another voice says.

Is that Mr. Kim? You momentarily forget you're not supposed to call him that anymore and narrowly glimpse at the direction of his deep voice, slowly opening your eyes until they adjust fully to the light.

Your boss is sitting to the left of you with Yoongi right beside him. They're in the only seats that are in the compact hospital room. Each look weary and concerned. They have every right to be.

You fainted in front of Taehyung, and you didn't meet up with Yoongi when you were supposed. But how were you supposed to know you'd have another episode when you just had one a few hours earlier?

Wait, no.

Didn't Taehyung say it's been ten hours since you were unconscious? Fuck. That means almost a whole day has passed, and you haven't seen Jungkook.

Tearing your gaze away from them, you look to the other side of the room, but all you find is a counter and some cabinets above it. Right next to it is the bathroom. That's when you realize that you really need to pee.

You try to sit up but quickly learn that you don't have the strength to lift your whole body, only your head.

"Hey, didn't you hear, Taehyung? You've been out for a while. If you need to pee, just say so. One of us will help you," Yoongi says in response to seeing you struggle. His temper is showing, but you know it's probably because he didn't sleep the whole night to ensure that you're okay.

The thing is, you don't understand why you feel so weak. On a good night, you sleep for eight to ten hours. Sure, you fainted, but was it really supposed to be this draining?

As if hearing your thoughts, Taehyung speaks up again. "The doctors said you had a severe migraine attack. That's why you were out for so long. They told us that once you woke up it would take an hour or so before you feel at full strength.

When I said we could be friends, this is not what I thought I signed up for." Your boss' sarcasm has you let out a soft laugh. He's doing exactly what you did to him yesterday. You wonder if this is going to be a thing between you now.

"Yeah, I didn't sign up for this either," you bite back playfully. "Not that I mind or anything, but, uh, what are you doing here?"

Taehyung scoffs. "I'm not heartless. Plus, your brother needed help getting you here. Honestly, he's kind of weak."

"Sounds about right," you agree, turning your head slightly to get a better look at Yoongi, who glares at the both of you.

"You both have death wishes, don't you?"