Chapter 14

Namjoon swiftly pulls into Seoul Severance Hospital. He's not taking any chances when it comes to your health. You swear that whatever happened at the park isn't that big of a deal, but you know that nothing you say will get Namjoon to see it like that.

Once he has parked, Namjoon's out of the car in one fluid movement. Then he's on the passenger side, opening your door and helping you stand. He's careful as he wraps an arm around your waist and guides you to the hospital entrance in small, languid steps. It's as if he's afraid one wrong move will have you topple to the ground.

Jungkook is walking a foot away from you on the other side. He holds that same expression you saw at the park, but now you're starting to wonder if his contorted features are one of concern. If it is, you're sure it's not meant for you. He'd be helping Namjoon lead you inside, but he's not. You can't help but feel like he's keeping his distance from you, that he's afraid to be near you right then. You only become more certain of it when he remains outside as Namjoon and you enter.

The sliding, glass doors open when they detect your presence, and the cold air from inside sends a shiver throughout your body. As the doors close, the blue clouding your vision slowly starts to fade.

You look over your shoulder, on the side Namjoon isn't on, to see Jungkook turn away from you and crouch to the floor with both hands covering his face. You've never seen him so distressed before.

It's as if every worry comes down on him all at once. His shoulders tremble, and the muscles in his back loosen. Even though you can't see his face, you know without a doubt that he's sobbing.

You haven't really seen him cry before. Sure, you've seen him shed a tear or two, but that's nothing compared to this.

Namjoon turns a corner, and Jungkook disappears from your view.

At the front desk, Namjoon tells the nurse everything that happened while your thoughts remain focused on Jungkook. Did something else happen at the park that you're not aware of? You can't recall anything aside from the headache and your vision blurring in blue.

A sigh escapes your lips. For just one damn minute, you wish you knew everything that's been going on. You're tired of being kept in the dark.

When Namjoon calls your name, you force your gaze on him. He still looks so worried about you. You imagine you look the same except it's not because of you. You're troubled by Jungkook.

It doesn't matter that you should be anxious about yourself at that moment. All you can think about is Jungkook and how wrong it feels to be here in the hospital when you should be outside comforting him.

You want the visit to be quick, but it ends up feeling like an eternity. It's not until a couple of hours later that a doctor sees you and checks your vitals, telling you and Namjoon that everything seems fine. There isn't anything you should be worried about, but if it happens again to come back anyway just to be safe. The doctor sounds just like Namjoon, but the whole visit feels hazy like you're not really there as it happens.

It's because you can only center your attention on one person, and he's not even here beside you.

You had left Jungkook outside all by himself. What kind of person are you? The kind that tosses their creation aside and forgets about them? Your heart aches softly, a feeling that leaves you more puzzled than ever.

It isn't until Namjoon has helped you out of the hospital that everything comes back in perspective. Mostly, it's due to the fact that Jungkook is no longer right outside the entrance doors.

You frantically search the parking lot, hoping to the grey skies that Jungkook is among the spaced-out vehicles, but you don't find him. You don't catch a single glimpse of his tussled hair or unmistakable honey-like skin.

Where is he?

You're only given a second to panic when you hear the shrill ringing of someone's phone.

Namjoon squeezes your waist, motioning for you to stop as he pulls the device making that horrible noise out of his back pocket. He mumbles a curse under his breath before he accepts the call.

"H-hello?"

There's a voice on the other end. You can't make out what they're saying, but you can clearly hear their irritating tone.

"I know but there was an emergency."

Another pause.

"I promise to make it up to you. Look, I'm going to have to call you back."

The person on the other end becomes all the more agitated, but that doesn't stop Namjoon from ending the conversation and tucking his phone away.

"Do you know where Jungkook is?" Namjoon glances down at you as he starts helping you to his car once more. All you can do is shake your head, silent as you continue to walk.

It isn't until you reach the navy Hyundai that you finally lock eyes of someone you've grown quite familiar with. You let out a sigh, dropping your arm that was wrapped under the width of Namjoon's shoulders to wobble towards Jungkook. He doesn't move in the slightest. He remains leaning on the car, observing you carefully as you come to stand in front of him.

Jungkook's gaze scans your face, starting with your worried eyes, and lingers ever so longingly at your lips. Something about the way he looks at you feels different, but you don't really care. You're just relieved that he's here, that he didn't run away without any explanation. Not that you knew him all that well to know if that was something he would even do, but you're glad he didn't.

You take him by surprise when you embrace him, pulling his figure from off the car so he can return your hug. He does so hesitantly. Though you tell yourself it's nothing, you make note of the change, knowing you had been right in your assumptions from earlier.

Jungkook doesn't say anything to you, not when you're wrapped up in each others' arm or when you let go and get inside Namjoon's car.

On the ride back to your apartment, you don't miss the sudden tension between you, Jungkook, and Namjoon. Not one word is exchanged among the three of you, and you know for a surety, for some unknown reason, that things between all of you have shifted.

a/n: i'm back! ...sort of lol this has been sitting in my drafts for a while but i didn't post bc i wasn't sure how i felt about this chapter but after editing it several times i think it's okay enough to post... maybe? idk i'm still on the fence about the plot progression but things are going to escalate from here on out. a lot of new information and drama is going to be thrown at you all but it's going to be fun, i promise! this is mostly just a filler chapter before i delve the bigger plot. there's going to be so many things answered but that comes with a lot of confusion as well! towards the end, everything will make sense! i hope you all will stick around! anyone have any theories yet?