Chapter 32

"It's been two weeks. Where the hell is he?" Yoongi, though previously against Jungkook even coming around to your apartment, is now currently upset that he's not here. He hasn't shown his face to anyone. Not even Namjoon.

In the days that have come and gone, you've only been able to recall two other memories, both of which just don't seem all that important at a time like now. With Jungkook gone, you've got absolutely no answers.

It only muddles your feelings. Past you obviously loved Namjoon, but current you is strung up on Jungkook - the version of him that you drew. You know it's not the real him. But sweet, endearing, and not-as-innocent-as-he-seems Jungkook is hard to just let go of.

You fear that when you learn what he did, the feelings you're trying to hold onto will just get lost in the turbulence of your mixed emotions.

Maybe this is why you aren't remembering anything. Because though you want to learn about what happened and know how to, you mostly don't want to relive the horror.

"He said he was going to fix things," Namjoon defends Jungkook, which despite everything, has started to become a habit of his. You think it's partially due to the guilt of what you did, but Namjoon is even more caring than Jungkook.

That's one of the reasons you found comfort in him, and likely why you fell in love with him too. But right now you only find it annoying.

Namjoon sighs. "We need to give him time."

"We can't keep living our lives around him, Joon," Taehyung intercedes.

The three men in your apartment had come over for dinner, but the ramyeon you made is beginning to get cold over their debate. It's been the same thing day after day.

They never talk about anything else. You realize how right Taehyung is from where you sit alone at the dinner table.

"Yeah, that fucking sick bastard hurt Y/n. I've wasted 14 days on this shit. I'm supposed to be producing music with you right now!"

They all immediately become silent as the words carelessly slip out of your brother's mouth.

At first, the statement goes right over your head, but you're quick to reel back what he said in your mind.

Producing music with who right now?

You snap your narrowed gaze to your brother, who's returning a wide-eyed expression like he's just been caught in the worst possible situation. That's saying something because based on their implications, what Jungkook did is unfathomable.

Yoongi quickly looks away, his cheeks warming into a soft pink.

"Shit," he curses and covers his mouth with a hand. He shoots Taehyung a pleading glance.

Taehyung just takes a step back with his palms in the air. "Nope, count me out. You're on your own."

You lick your lips with a scrutinizing glare and huff. "What the fuck did you just say?"

On any other occasion, your brother would chide you for swearing, but if what he said was true, that he and Namjoon are supposed to be working together on music right now, then that means...

Namjoon is RM.

RM is Namjoon.

What the fuck?

You glimpse at Yoongi then Namjoon. Back and forth, wondering what the hell is going on.

You tell yourself there's no way Namjoon is a renowned music producer. He lives in the same crappy apartment complex that you do. If he is RM, he could easily afford someplace much nicer than this.