Chapter 36

TRIGGER WARNING: Loss of control of one's body. Implied rape and talks of voyeurism.

Jungkook's head hurts like a bitch.

It almost feels like its expanding, growing and growing until his brains implode and coat the walls. Maybe if he just let go of control, he'd find peace. But he knows that isn't true. Not as long as the woman he loves is still in danger.

He can hazily make out the look of horror on her face when her eyes land on his.

No, not his. Not anymore. The gaze she's locked onto belong to Jimin, the incubus hellbent on claiming her as his. Jungkook played right into his hand and brought the demon straight to her.

He was supposed to save her. Instead, he's leading her to her destruction.

He thought he could change. That he could be better. The kind of person she would be proud to call him hers.

It was foolish of him. All this fighting had been in vain. He did the worst thing imaginable and made the situation worse. 

In his past life, Jimin never found her. He had sacrificed himself to make sure of it. Now, he willingly turned himself in, giving the incubus a definitive way to get to her. 

It's all his fault. Whatever comes next. It's from his own doing. The pounding in his head is a mocking reassurance.

Did you really think escaping would be that easy?

Jimin's voice echoes amidst the pain. Like nails on a chalkboard, it makes him internally grimace.

Your death has turned into a gift. The old you would've never fallen for my tricks. You've softened, Kook.

Jungkook screams but his mouth doesn't move. His lips pull into a taunting smirk. He can feel it. He can feel the incubus here in his own body, moving it, controlling it. Not able to do a damn thing.

If only you knew the kind of punishments I put Hoseok through. Shame you won't be here to see him reborn.

Jungkook gasps. What?

Jimin laughs in the space they share. It nauseatingly twists his stomach.

He squirmed and begged me to leave you and your slut alone. I'd never heard anything so absurd. An incubus refusing to be anything than what we are? It didn't take long for me to realize what you did.

Confusion spreads, dampening the throbbing ache against his skull.

I didn't do anything, Jungkook bites back.

You think we know what love is, Kook? Or, rather what it feels like? Sure, we look out for one another. We care. But, love in its purest form? We'll never get to experience that. Yet, somehow, that day Hoseok felt it. When he killed you to save her.

As he says it, Jungkook can feel his eyes narrow on Y/n. 

This was never simply about fucking your little girlfriend. Though, I will be, but only to give Hoseok one final punishment. How do you think he'll take it when the whore he loves dies giving birth to him?

The sudden revelation is all too much process. Jungkook doesn't know what to think. To say. He always knew this was his doing. This obsession Jimin has with Y/n was always just about revenge. He never stopped to think who it was the incubus was getting back at. He assumed it was himself, but he was wrong. 

You really thought you were that important? You think I went through all this trouble just because that fucking whore is hot and I just had to have her?