Chapter 15

You don't see Jungkook at all for the rest of the day. He spends the rest of the evening at Namjoon's apartment while you prepare to go to work as you have the night shift this week. Namjoon tried to convince you to call in, but you're feeling much better now. Your vision is as clear as ever, and you can stand on your two feet and walk without the help.

When you leave your apartment, you're tempted to walk next door and check up on Jungkook, but the thought is fleeting the moment you look ahead and see your brother in the vacant hallway. His lips are drawn in a thin line, eyes blazing in fiery contempt.

Yoongi is pissed, which explains his unprecedented visit. As little kids, you would always go to each other when either one of you weren't feeling well. That hasn't changed even now that they're older. Although you wish he would've shown up earlier or at least given you a call as you have work in half an hour.

He soon realizes that when he catches sight of your slacks and long-sleeved button up. "You're heading to Vante's?"

You nod your head in response. "You can walk with me though and tell me what's on your mind."

Yoongi immediately accepts your offer and turns around to walk beside you but doesn't say a word about why he's upset. Instead, he asks about Jungkook. "Where's the giant? Does he not work tonight with you?"

"No, he doesn't. And he's found a more permanent place to stay at, so you probably won't be seeing much of him anymore." To which you're glad about. The less you talked about Jungkook, the less likely you'd have to come clean to your brother.

There was no avoiding Namjoon and letting him in on the secret, but until you figured out what the hell was going on, until you got some answers, you would make sure Yoongi would never learn the truth. When you're ready, you'll tell him.

"Oh, okay." He licks his lips, furrowing his brows slightly as if he has something else to bring up. The moment you both step inside the elevator, and the metal doors close, he speaks more freely.

"About Jungkook," Yoongi begins, glancing at you before averting his gaze to the floor. "Does he... remind you of anyone?"

"What do you mean?" You press him further. You're not sure what he's trying to get at.

He exhales sharply. "Doesn't he look like someone we know?"

Your eyes meet his, the anger in his irises cool. His expression becomes one of wonder, like he's trying to solve a math problem he's done a million times before but is having trouble recalling the exact steps he took to find the solution. That's not the only thing you notice.

In the corner of his eyes, there's a soft blue careening to his pupils, which are larger than they should be. You can't make out the auburn color his eyes should be. All you see is black. Black and blue. You would have overlooked the differences had the cyan not given off a soft glow. It seems almost... magical.

Then it's suddenly gone. Yoongi's eyes return to normal. You're about to question him some more, but he prods his fingers to his temple and shakes his head.

"Nevermind. I don't know what I'm talking about."

As soon as the elevator doors open, Yoongi rushes out.

"Are you okay, Yoongs?" You follow to where he stands and comfortingly place a hand on his shoulder, giving it a light squeeze.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just got dizzy for a second there." He glimpses back at you and shoots you a soft but reassuring smile.

Soon after, you've left the complex and begin the small journey to Vante's. Yoongi doesn't talk about the incident in the elevator. It's like it never even happened as he begins the conversation he had initially wanted to talk about.